Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That moment you wash your car then drive into a typhoon of mosquito's on the way home and ruin it all. It is almost as bad as it raining they next day, but worse because guts suck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's kind of funny - to me, because I didn't wash the car to get bug splatter on it right afterwards.

But I do feel your pain. You get it all spiffed up and pretty, and whap! Road tar, rain, construction that gets dust all over your freshly dressed tires, etc... Bugs are not a normal part of my equation unless I make a run to Phoenix or Sierra Vista.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Spring is the Worst, I actually like Winter (when not snowing) for lack of bugs on the windshield...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have about a 3 mile stretch along the highway on my daily commute where bugs are the worst during certain times of the year. Only way to reduce being a bug magnet is driving right behind someone. It's a buzz kill just having washed the car and seeing silhouettes of insects imitating kamikaze pilots into the front end.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

That moment you wash your car then drive into a typhoon of mosquito's on the way home and ruin it all. It is almost as bad as it raining they next day, but worse because guts suck.
IMO black car is the worst...

dust, rain (water spots) & salt are easy to see on a black car !

I like black but for those reason I will never own one unless I have intention to spend most of the time to clean it!! [grinking]

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a tuxedo black 2012... Now I own a 2014 ingot silver... Not much explanation needed as to why I went silver this time... Lol!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nope the worst is when its a Sunny Beautiful Day!!! Car all spruced up after detailing. Not a bug in sight, cloudless day and some freaking MORON hits his windshield washer and of course the solution does not hit his windshield!!!!!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
IMO black car is the worst...

dust, rain (water spots) & salt are easy to see on a black car !

I like black but for those reason I will never own one unless I have intention to spend most of the time to clean it!! [grinking]

Yep my black 2014 Stang..........cant beat when its clean. It shines like a mirror. Now you know why I have a white 15 and silver fusion. Silver is the best color. Takes a lot to show dirt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I feel like painting my car a matte color sometimes that way I don't have to worry about the paint and can keep repainting it when something its it ha

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
... That moment you wash your car then drive into a typhoon of mosquito's on the way home and ruin it all. It is almost as bad as it raining they next day, but worse because guts suck.
Wahh, wahhh, wahhhh. Try doing that on a motorcycle sometime. ;) At least you weren't walking through the cloud of mosquitos getting bitten. Thanks for doing your part to reduce their population, by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts