Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2,666mi and Service Engine light is now on.

All I have to say is thank god I didn't buy another Ford for my wife after this Focus fiasco.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Wow...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I give up, you win Ford.

2,666mi and Service Engine light is now on.

All I have to say is thank god I didn't buy another Ford for my wife after this Focus fiasco.
So how do you give up?

Gonna trade it in cuz you have a check engine light? [screwy]

Did you check the engine? Is it still there? [:p]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
So how do you give up?

Gonna trade it in cuz you have a check engine light? [screwy]
You obviously haven't read up on the myriad of other problems he has had...

·
Registered
747 Posts
A bit of a silly thing to be mad about really. I get it that you want your car to run perfect forever but you're under your warranty and really only stand to lose time at this point. It would be one thing if your engine blew a rod or something like that and the thing basically shit the bed but a light being on isn't the end of the world. When you take it in for service pass on what the issue was so we have some closure and good luck with the repair. Dunno what else has gone wrong but I'm in the dark. Looks like you've only had problems with MFT so far.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah, his engine fell out at 6 miles,
Then the passenger seat air bags exploded and killed his wife and unborn twins,
Then the wheels fell off (all four) while going 86mph in rush hour traffic while boxed in by sixteen wheeler BIG trucks,
Then the roof flew off when he opened the moonroof,
Then the doors would not open and he had to be rescued by 'jaws of life'
Then the car caught fire,
then the engine fell out AGAIN,
Then the driver air bag went off and destroyed his little man forever,
Then he got a ticket for littering when the engine fell out for the THIRD TIME..

Oh none of those things happened. It was all just the MFT Sync.. but it SEEMED just as big a deal as all of those things.
And now Oh My GOD the check engine light.
That is about like knowing WWIII is started and you have the three minutes to find out if you will die immediately, or a lingering death from radiation. yup... bad.
I would definitely do a lemon law on it. So then you can join the famous "I Hate Ford Forever" club.

My prior car, a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) Contour SVT, in the 13 years I owned it, had the "Check Engine" light on for the vast majority of the post warranty period i owned it. Drove fine. Only got whatever fixed to pass emissions every two years, then it would pop back on.. even once within a few blocks of having had it emissions checked. (which was a true laughing hilariously and funny experience, you HAD to be there...)

I loved that car. [driving]
And if i could have bought another one i would have no problem doing so. (I have a reasonable idea that cars are machines, really really complex machines, and I expect a few issues to pop up in any such vehicle, not to is rare and miraculous)
I gues I am just too forgiving? (or i never owned a never fail but boring as Hell Toyota (oh yeah they have some sort of accelerator issue? no not Toyota...Toyota is King of: "i bought it, never spent a nickel except for oil change and gas, drove it 4,500,000mi" and then sold it for MORE than I paid for it new kind of car..)
Why oh why didn't the op just buy a Toyota? [dunno]
Next time, just buy the Toyota.

((am I bad or truely evil? Or just stupid? I do not know. I do know i get bored reading whiners whining.))
((and no, having the check engine light come on yeah it is a little annoying. not a big annoying. just small minor. I guess i just live in a less perfect world?)))
[deviltail] hah![angel][angel][angel][angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Then the passenger seat air bags exploded and killed his wife and unborn twins,
Then the wheels fell off (all four) while going 86mph in rush hour traffic while boxed in by sixteen wheeler BIG trucks,
Then the roof flew off when he opened the moonroof,
Then the doors would not open and he had to be rescued by 'jaws of life'
Then the car caught fire,
then the engine fell out AGAIN,
Then the driver air bag went off and destroyed his little man forever,
Then he got a ticket for littering when the engine fell out for the THIRD TIME..
Elizabeth, you have a sick sense of humor... but I like it! If only you were in your early 20's and not 93 years old... (62?)

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
MOST AMAZING POST EVER!!! elizabeth you are my hero!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
...My prior car, a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) Contour SVT, in the 13 years I owned it, had the "Check Engine" light on for the vast majority of the post warranty period i owned it...
And let me guess - wasn't lit because of fuel quality ? Because everytime (99%) I had it on on my Cougar (and my bro in his Mystique = Mercury "template" for Ford Contour) was because of bad fuel. And yes, it was gone away after 2-3 days and a new refill.

Does anything changed since then?

Some readings for the "crazy one" (estoy loco = I am crazy). Very descriptful nickname I may say. No need to panic when it is not the case. Read your "Owner's guide" before anything else.

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Hahaha Elizabeth that was great, I almost fell out of my seat. So e people get way to concerned with small issues, cars nowadays are not just mechanical but also technological, things happen, but that's the price we pay for a "better" product. I have yet to have a problem with my Focus but I had an SRT Charger before. This and it seemed like there were problems every couple of months, ie ignition, ecu, trans, navigation, etc. Small problems don't just happen to Ford or to the Focus, it happens to all manufactures, that's why your car comes with the Warranty. The moral of this story is take it in for it's scheduled maintenance, and just take the small problems as they come, it's not the end of the world

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Read your "Owner's guide" before anything else.
You are absolutely right all my problems are attributed to not reading the owner's manual. Brilliant.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh none of those things happened. It was all just the MFT Sync.. but it SEEMED just as big a deal as all of those things.
And now Oh My GOD the check engine light.
Yes you are right... why did I ever question the quality of this product?

I mean my MFT only worked properly 20% of the time in the 3 months I had it.
And check engine light on a brand new car is no big deal at all...

Shame on me, all these conditions are the norm.

But then again my fault for saying anything bad on this forum because if it is not a praise you are wrong...
*sheep* Baaaahhh baaahhhh *sheep*

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You are absolutely right all my problems are attributed to not reading the owner's manual. Brilliant.
No, not THAT brilliant. But when I saw someone here making a big fuss of a little problem (and you should admit it is a little one) like a check engine light, I suppose the person might not know anything about the car he/she owns. So, I send him/her/it to the basics -> owner's guide. No pun intended. Just to help him to not have a depression or even something worse.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Just got off phone with close friend.. discussed the Sync and MFT. She own a $45,000. Honda with the Honda version, and said she can never get hers to understand a damn thing she says to it. and neither can her husband make it work.
And her boss's car, a $120,000 Porsche has the same issues. All the way to a 100mile away conference they BOTH tried talking to/at it all the way there, never the correct response. Art least it was a bonding experience!

·
Registered
495 Posts
All these people having issues with MFT ... I really wonder : didn't anybody try it out on the test-drive?

I'm planning on getting a Mustang GT next year.
The 2012 doesn't have MFT but the 2013 will, and it will be available early in 2012 and I don't like that.

I plan on getting a base-model GT 6-speed anyway, so maybe that model will be spared the horrible MFT system, and maybe Ford will reserve that crap for the people spending big bucks on a well-optioned car ... that's what I hope and pray for, anyway.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Love this 2012 forum makes the new 2012 look like a POS when it is easily one of the best Cars on the market.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, not THAT brilliant. But when I saw someone here making a big fuss of a little problem (and you should admit it is a little one) like a check engine light, I suppose the person might not know anything about the car he/she owns. So, I send him/her/it to the basics -> owner's guide. No pun intended. Just to help him to not have a depression or even something worse.
So you can educate me on how reading the manual will solve my engine light issue?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Care to educate me on how reading the manual will solve the engine light issue?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Love this 2012 forum makes the new 2012 look like a POS when it is easily one of the best Cars on the market.
That's the way it is with new cars on forums. The majority of people come here with their problems and the owners who don't have issues never feel the reason to post or become a member.

But to the original poster, sorry to here about your problems with your car and don't let the other posters beat you down too much. The best thing to do is take it to your dealer and let them tell you what's wrong. Most likely it's just a little fault somewhere that will be an easy fix. Don't give up on the car yet.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Care to educate me on how reading the manual will solve the engine light issue?
Start from page 353 of "Owner's manual" and go further till page 362.

P.S. I can't remember who was the person who said : "Knowledge is power". Was it Sir Francis Bacon ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.