Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally reached the end of the road with my defective Focus. It was never 100% fixed by Ford.

All Star Ford in Olympia WA did a piss poor job, they broke the wiring harness, the Ford Service engineers they flew out could replicate the problems, but they couldn't fix the glitches in the MFT system.

Ford Customer Relations gave me a bunch of lip service, and a lot of free stuff, but in the end their buyback offer left me in a position where I had to deal with a shitty dealer, would lose all of my rebates and incentives, and would end up having to accept another focus of a lesser trim level than i paid for in order to not have to come up with more cash.

Ford has lost a fleet contract that they don't even know about, they have lost a customer who has purchased nine new Ford personal vehicles in the last twelve or so years. I will never purchase another Ford product, and will never do business with All Star Ford, or any of their affiliates again.

I had a strong Lemon Case and would likely win, however the stress this has caused, and the length of time it would take made it a tough decision. Fortunately I am in a position to absorb the loss. When I went to drive the car this morning and the MFT crashed again, I said enough is enough and I traded it off. Gave the purchasing dealer all my repair order and documentation and they said no problem... we will wholesale it off to a Ford dealer and let them fix it.

I hope nobody else has to go through what I have endured with the MFT debacle and fords lack of action. I truly believe the Focus is a nice little car, but there are always a few lemons made and I happened to get one of them.

While initially I joined this forum with a postive attitude about the Focus, I can't help but look back and say I haven't contributed much other than negative comments. I wish it could be different... but that's just the way it happened. The whole thing cost me about 6k$ and a lot of stress. The money I can replace, the stress just isn't worth it.

Thanks to those who tried to help and their support. Expecially to Tony for his positive outlook and to Insect Queen for doing what she could. I appreciate all you guys have done.

Enjoy your cars, again I hope nobody else has the troubles I did.

[cheers]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Very sad to read this post. It's unbelievable that Ford cannot fix the MFT issues RustySocket was having. They have the entire wiring schematics and could check all the related wiring harnesses and replace all the modules and that pretty much covers it.

Hope the mazdaspeed3 you got gives you much less headaches RS.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
We don't run people off for owning MazdaSpeed3s. Even some of our moderators no longer drive Foci. It's a good thing you didn't get a Subaru turbo. Those have periodic $4k turbo repairs due to a faulty oiling design and sleeve bearings instead of ball bearings. Mazdas don't do that as far as I know. I would be driving a Mazda5 right now if I'd waiting a few months before ordering my Focus. I love sliding doors.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I'm getting worried after reading countless horror stories from new Focus owners. They never had a chance to get my money for a 2012. They failed big time with it before the first one was ever made. I hope Ford isn't going down the same paths as some other automakers.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I feel like I'm rolling the dice on MFT issues. And customer service has been rather poor at times. Hope I don't end up with problems and regrets once the car arrives.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Like we discussed in PM... don't get mod happy with the MS3 otherwise you'll be getting a lot more headaches than just your infotainment system, and it gets expensive too. Good luck!

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
^if you mod them right you won't have any issues.

Congrats OP. MS3's are great. As a previous MS3 owner I can say you'll definitely love it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
After eating $6k, I'd leave it stock for awhile too. Heck, I'm sure you are having a blast cruising around in a working vehicle.

Your whole situation is scaring the crap out of me by the way. Should be taking delivery on my Ti hatch within a couple of weeks...someone tell me a nice story about their car and how they can't live without it!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I heard MFT was bad but dang, if your dealer couldn't make it work after all that... Glad you chose to get a Mazda ; its a Focus at heart after all. (Just look for FoMoCo written somewhere on engine bits.) Hope you don't mind paying more for gas and having more frequent tune-ups, though as someone stated earlier be glad it's not a Subie.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I am kind of glad I didnt get the MFT and my Foci is working great because my dealer is shit and if it didnt work the way I wanted it to, I'd give up on it too. Congrats on the MS3 though! I was debating to get that smiling sucker or the Foci but the interior was just.... bad... on the MS3 so I picked the Focus. But hey, re-sale is better and I think the MS3 is sex-ier on the exterior. Hope that car makes you happy! not only when you see it's smiling face :p

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
that's too bad to hear... I know you will like the ms3 though.

This stuff is just to be expected when you buy a car that has undergone such a radical redesign being in its first year of production. I know some of your problems weren't the car and that would definitely aggravate me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
After eating $6k, I'd leave it stock for awhile too. Heck, I'm sure you are having a blast cruising around in a working vehicle.

Your whole situation is scaring the crap out of me by the way. Should be taking delivery on my Ti hatch within a couple of weeks...someone tell me a nice story about their car and how they can't live without it!
I can't live without mine. Rusty's situation as unfortunate as it was, is a very rare and extreme case. While it does seem like alot of people are having problems with the car(which is also true) it seems like an incredible amount of people because many people are signing up to these forums to complain. Majority of all new users are people complaining about something and then they disappear.

I love my car. I have had MFT problems myself. My MFT died two days after taking ownership of the car, had the APIM module replaced, and recently had the 2.11 update installed. So far, knock on wood, everything is great. I really love this car alot.

Good luck with the new car Rusty.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Hi, don't worry, forums are always biased towards those who have issues, as those who haven't any don't, generally, need to post.
Chris

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
I can't live without mine. Rusty's situation as unfortunate as it was, is a very rare and extreme case. While it does seem like alot of people are having problems with the car(which is also true) it seems like an incredible amount of people because many people are signing up to these forums to complain. Majority of all new users are people complaining about something and then they disappear.

I love my car. I have had MFT problems myself. My MFT died two days after taking ownership of the car, had the APIM module replaced, and recently had the 2.11 update installed. So far, knock on wood, everything is great. I really love this car alot.

Good luck with the new car Rusty.

Posted via FF Mobile This is very true. Most people will post to vent or try to get help. Its rare that someone just comes out ofthe blue wanting to talk about how much they love their cars. Most owners wont go out of their way to do that, the ones who do...well you see them as active members today. The world seems like a terrible place, all we here about is bad things that happen...how often do we hear about the lives being saved every day?

But if you decide to get mft be ready for anything. People have been warned...so there should be no surprises or little complaining.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Sorry that you had to deal with that. Im really disappointed that ford didnt take the extra steps to help you out in that front, and i hope that in the future they get those issues sorted out.

Even though im not a fan of the new focus, id still hold it to higher standards than you experienced.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts