Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has to have come from my Focus. Anyone know what it is or where it's from and if it's important?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
If your car hasn't split into two pieces, my guess would be no. [hihi]

Roughly what area of the car was it from. That would help IDing a little bit easier.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand new 2014 SE Hatch with just over 600 miles on it...

Oh, and I found it roughly midway up where the car is parked and on the right hand side...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Although this is an extreme case, I have witnessed 'extra' parts left inside a car during assembly. But those have been nuts & bolts that were dropped and not retrieved. I have a hard time believing that this thing has come unbolted from the car. It more likely got left underneath, while another one was actually installed.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Uhh... did it fall from your garage door when it was raised/lowered?

I've never seen that component, but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't part of the car. And even if it isn't part of the car, that doesn't mean it didn't fall from the car... [paranoid]

It's from your garage door. Good luck.
Beat me to it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I double checked, it's not from the garage door...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Although this is an extreme case, I have witnessed 'extra' parts left inside a car during assembly. But those have been nuts & bolts that were dropped and not retrieved. I have a hard time believing that this thing has come unbolted from the car. It more likely got left underneath, while another one was actually installed.
If it is from the car then I would agree. Looking at the piece it doesn't look like its been used because you would typically see some wear from the bolts being tightened around the holes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what it is or where it's from, but...

I stopped at the dealer and they verified it's not from the car.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yeah, BLUE car & that piece is painted white....

·
Registered
455 Posts
transport tie down, transport company should have pulled it off when they untied it but who knows with those people

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi OP, it looks like the bracket that holds the side-front valance plastic, i had to fix one and bend it back after a dealer lifted my car on it, but that's just my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts