Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after numerous debates and looking at cars I came to the conclusion that i really have to keep my svt focus. It is a rare one with 51 made. It is in pristine condition and all is good. I decided to upgrade some things.
I just got done doing the ford edge wiper swap and stock antenna shaved down otherwise all stock.
I know that this car is the most bang for the buck.
Tell me what you think should i keep it?

Luxury was on my mind lol
Cars/suv's i was looking at
Ford Edge
Mercury Mariner
Ford Escape
Lincoln ls (03-05)
Lincoln MKZ
Caddy CTS V.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
all the cars including the svt are too different to decide thats why when i get out of college i really want to buy either an edge/ridgeline and ms3/STi and keep the svt... thatll obviously be a few years... and i suppose finding a well compensated job in Human resource/Finance (ugh) is going to be an even greater task with the economy...coming out of college in the worst time in 60 years FTL!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is very true the economy is very challenging. that was another reason im leaning towards keeping the svt, I could afford any of the cars i was looking at (Buying used of course) but it would eat up most of my funds.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^^^^^^^^ is it paid off? with the way the economy is going, i'd keep it if it was paid off. i'd also keep it if you were within 5000 of paying it off. i've thought about selling the ST as well, but i don't want to bother with anymore car payments.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
keeping it is best. I was thinking of selling my SVT a few months ago and am glad i didnt. The car i want was about $14000 and since then i had my work hours cut in half, working 4 hour days and going to school, trying to find a 2nd job sucks. glad i still have my svt with only $1000 left on the loan. im keeping it until it dies, which i hope is after i graduate in 2-3 years.
Keep it and wait until the economy picks up again in the next few years.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
plus, now that you don't have a monthly car payment, you can always use that to upgrade the SVT to the way you'd like it. maybe then, you won't even need a new car.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
if you have the budget for a new/another car... then go ahead. Since we don't know you financial situation it's difficult to say it's not best to...

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Paid mine off July 2008... thought about getting a new car right away since it barely fits me AND my son, wife, dog.... but I didn't want another car payement....

I'm waiting until fall of 09'... then I might get a G8.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went through the same thing in the last couple months. I was lookin at either a STI or newer mustang, but with the way the economy is I started to think otherwise....then replacing a stupid motor mount in the SVT made me fall in love with it again

If you can afford the payments and insurance on the caddy then I say go for it, otherwise I'd stick with the SVT, but thats just me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts