Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, the other night I was cleaning up the inside of the car and decided to go ahead and fold the back seats down to make room to transport my new tires to the shop when they come in. As I was folding them back, pulling the headrest off, etc. I noticed a little lever on the right side of the driver seat - right next to the armrest/console. I messed with it and didn't notice anything happening (I was in the back seat). After getting the seats all folded, I went to the passenger side and then re-engaged the lever. Holy cow the lumbar support moves!

How did I just now find out about this mystery lever half a year after buying my car lol. I felt pretty dumb afterwards, but now my seat is more comfortable!

·
Registered
650 Posts
LOL yeah, I never read the owners manuals and missed a lot of features lol lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Haha, as soon as I found that I grabbed my manual and thumbed through it a bit.
That's good to do. Some ppl are familiar w/ different vehicles & the features they have.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Sheet happens,

Reading through a long book can get boring, but there's usually at LEAST one thing you didn't know that can really be useful - not always even in the book.

I was chasing a noise from the back in mine for a while, only happened on bumpy roads or in 'spirited" driving. Finally realized it was the emergency latch handle swinging & tapping, decided it was just an odd PITA to live with. Ages later, I happened to notice that there was plastic velcro to attach the durn thing to the lid so the noise wasn't designed in! I just didn't pay enough attention when first looking at it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i did the same as you, probably around 6 months. :)

my wife's Flex has power seats, power pedals, and power lumbar adjustment. i've got power seat - since i didn't see/feel a switch for lumbar, i just assumed i didn't have it. i think i hit my hand on it when i was reaching into the backseat and though "wtf is this?" durr.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have my Focus since 8 months now... last week I had to remove my driver side seat to add LED under the seat. I found out that I could move the back of the seat like in any car... not just up and down lol... Let me tell you, I felt stupid...

·
Registered
739 Posts
For the first 48 hours I had my Focus I didn't realize I could adjust the height of the driver's seat which is funny because it was driving me crazy how high up the Focus was (I thought) compared to my Mustang I had previously. I was going through really bad withdrawal. Then I happened upon the lever for making the seat go down and realized whoever had it previously had the seat up as high as it could go.

I don't know why I didn't think of it originally because my Mustang had this lever as well but I completely understand the feeling when you find something like that. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts