Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to wire up my turn signals on my ebay machs, and i cant seem to get them to work right. I cut off the front parking light connectors to wire up the new lights (probably shouldn't've done?) The stock harnesses have 3 wires and the new lights only have 2, how can i get them to work right?!?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
U sir are in luck because I just did this I'm not sure if yours is exactly the same but I bet its similar. The black wire is your ground. The blue wire is your blinker and the middle one is green and pinkish that is the parking light(it is also the middle wire on the connector. I don't think that you can have the turn signal be parking light on the aftermarket lights. I just wired my halos and leds into the parking light wire(green and pink). I hope this helps. I need to stop being lazy and use photobucket so I can post pics for people.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The blue wire is also the hazard lights, and the orange w/green striped wire is parking/blinker... So where did u wire up ur turn signals??

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Are you sure because I wired mine up like that and my hazards worked fine and so did my blinkers. I know that this is the way my 2003 is wired I don't have mach alikes but that shouldn't make any difference. PM me your email and I will send you the pics of my install. hopefully that will help. I really think that the middle is parking lights only unless your car is screwed up because there are lots of people on here that cut the middle wire on their harness.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just send it to me through this pm...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but NO ONE LISTENING TO ME!!! LOL... When i connect the ground and one or the other wire (leaving one disconnected) They blink fast like a bulb is out, and when i turn on either blinker both back lights blink fast like the hazards are on... So if someone could tell me EXACTLY which wire goes where, i'd appreciate it[thumb] Thanks guys

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
I think that you should stick with the stock setup cause I have an '03 and that should not be happening there has to be some other problem with your wiring.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hook everthing up as it should go, my blinkers blink fast and that's the only problem... No one else has the same problem??

·
Registered
658 Posts
Are the turn signals LEDs? I had a problem with mine flashing fast, but the bulbs were LEDs. I think there is a way to put a resistor in there to cut back on the resistance, but havent figured that out yet.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The turn signals are NOT led's... They are regular light bulbs, they look like 1156 or 1157's....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Out of ALL the people that have these lights, i'm surprised no one has said anything. Oh well, i'll just have to deal with it i guess...

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
Sorry man, I have MACH's but mine are factory....I know that the only lights in my headlights that flash fr the turn signal are only turn signals, they don't come on as parking lights, my only parking lights are the side markers, the lights in my grille, and the "city" lights up in the corners. Not sure if that is helpful.....automotive wiring is not my cup of tea though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
u probably should have run them to he side markers on ur bumper, thats what i did with mine and they worked fine

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^That's what i was thinking, but i was wondering how people do the euro grille (delete's center lights) w/o the turn signals blinking fast?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
I really have no ideas but here's some picks for you.

This pic is just after I cleaned up some of the wires.

The extra red wires are the halos which I have wired into the parking light wire. the bright yellow was the turn signal.
[

I don't know this might help some. Some of the pictures suck cause I took pics after the install in the car so it was hard to get good pics.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe the more u tie in to the front wires will make it so it wont blink fast....i dont know.......[bigcry]

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
I don't know either. try buying resisters and wiring them in that might help. I can't say for sure what it is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts