Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this for free from previous owner of my car, and he said it was for it. I decided while I was at it I would put on poly bushings to so I bought some from massive. Today I get under my car and this doesnt line up. I dont think this is for a focus is it? Googled the numbers came up with nothing. Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? gonna feel like such a tard if it is lol. Thanks another question I have is those bushings I Have from massive, can they be used on my stock rear sway bar? and if I did would I notice much of a beneficial deference? Sorry for all the dumb questions new to the suspension department

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
1,000% sure that's the front swaybar man[hihi]. The endlinks are for the rear tho. In order to swap the front u have to drop the front subframe. It sucks expect to give u some time on a weekend for.that.

Reactions: redSVT_03

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, planning on a suspension overhaul real soon so I think I will hold off on putting it on until I do the whole thing at once. Do these really help? And when I do the whole suspension, would It help to get a bigger rear sway bar or just put on those new bushings on the rear and call it a day?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Just to let you know , the endlinks that you have are non adjustable with the solid spacer between the bushings .

I have the Steeda 21mm on mine and it holds it to the ground really well but mine didn't come with 1 either since it was an Se model .

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts

·
So mote be it
8,959 Posts
Thanks guys, planning on a suspension overhaul real soon so I think I will hold off on putting it on until I do the whole thing at once. Do these really help? And when I do the whole suspension, would It help to get a bigger rear sway bar or just put on those new bushings on the rear and call it a day?
I noticed an improvement when I went from an 18mm front sway to the 21mm front sway. Not sure how much larger that red bar is than your stock 21mm though but if you are overhauling the suspension might as well do the front.

I would say install the front bar and see how your car behaves with your 21mm stock rear sway bar. If you are getting too much understeer, then i would increase the size of the rear bar. the rear bar is easy enough to change, so you can use it to fine tune the rest of the car. The new endlinks/bushings in the rear should help out some with your stock bar, especially if you still have the stock rubber ones on the car.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I know why the previous owner never got around to installing it lol, alota work [wrenchin] Thanks for all the info its great [ffrocks]

Just to let you know , the endlinks that you have are non adjustable with the solid spacer between the bushings .

Is that a bad thing?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
No , not a bad thing with those endlinks being non adjustable . That's how I have mine set up too with the solid spacers.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You should also measure the diameter of the existing front bar that's currently on the car and the diameter of the Racecraft bar. If the Racecraft bar is the same size or smaller then there's little sense installing it. In most cases a modest increase in the rear bar is all that is needed to loosen the rear end a little. Too big of a rear bar and the rear end can get a mind of it's own.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input, as for now I will stick with stock rear svt bar but put in my new bushings, and hold off on putting in the front sway until its time for coilovers or new shocks and dampers. Undecided on that part now. The biggest drop I could do around here would be 1" (just to keep my dd practical). Anyone have any input on H&R touring cup kit? Or would you say there's better for the money?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts