Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There diamond plate to match my floor mats. I also have two small ones for the rear doors. They sounded like a great idea to me at first, but upon installing them, I'm not sure if I like them. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
571 Posts
definitly different, would take a little getting used to.. but i think i like it.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
They dopn't look too bad at all... the only 'off' thing about them is the contrast of your dak colored focus to the blinding shiny aluminum.

Powdercoat those suckers black, or even colormatch them to your focus, and then they will look AMAZING.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
personally, i think they are a little too much

·
Registered
32 Posts
i was thinking about doing something like that except I was looking for diamond plate that would cover all the floor. I don't think will look good since my car is the same as yours- color and interior i mean.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Not for me, personally. To me, it gives it a too much "truck" appearance. I don't know, things like that seem to "fit" better on a truck or suv, just my opinion.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
They dopn't look too bad at all... the only 'off' thing about them is the contrast of your dak colored focus to the blinding shiny aluminum.

Powdercoat those suckers black, or even colormatch them to your focus, and then they will look AMAZING.
I agree with the powdercoating. To me they stick out a little too much right now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yeah, I also say diamond plate belongs on a truck. The floor mats are OK but the door sills are a bit too much.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
if you don't like them i'll take em. lol. the powdercoat idea might be a good one.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
When I get my DP Floor mats, they are being powdercoated....

Though.. I think there IS a site online where you can order them already with the black powdercoat......

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I definitely like the diamond plate floormat but the diamond sills may take some getting used to. I like a nice chrome sill though!

·
Registered
479 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
Powdercoat those suckers black, or even colormatch them to your focus, and then they will look AMAZING. [/B]
I agree with powdercoating, your floor mats look great though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
They match your shift knob and floor mats well, so thats not all bad. But it would look better if they all color matched the car.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Dunno, not a fan of the diamond plate. Powder coat em' if you want to keep them. I 'm with the other folks who think diamond plates belongs on trucks. They gotta get hella slippery when wet though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Chrome on the Focus is always a plus.....But Diamond plate chrome is unique.....I say regular chrome [thumb].......Diamond plate Chrome [?] 50/50........3 good options here....
Keep them the way they are and they grow on you......or.......Paint them which ever color your heart desires..........or..........Sell them and get regular non diamond plated chrome for your doors............Just my opinion.......[8D]

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a set of those on my Liquid Grey Focus and they look great. I love my diamond plate mats, door sils and dead peddal. I think they will take time for you to get used to them. Give them some time and soon you wont even notice them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts