Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But today I purchased a brand new 2006 Fusion SE. The payments stayed the same as my Focus, and I got a lot more car, with a ton less miles (56mi when I took it off the lot). I've been interested in the Fusion since it came out, but never wanted to pony up. It's kind of a strange and awkward purchase, seeing as I ship for Basic training in a month, and it won't be driven for 5 months, but I love it. Unfortunately, it's an automatic, but I don't think I'd trade it for a 5spd. It's a nice smooth & quiet ride, with power available if I need it. It's a white 2.3L (couldn't afford the V6). I'd post pictures but don't have any batteries for my digital camera, so we'll have to wait for those.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
congrat then I GUESS. bEING THAT IT IS THE SAME ENGINE THAT COMES IN THE st, IT SHOULD RESPOND WELL TO BOLT ONS. Sorry about the caps, I don't feel like going back and editing it, but have fun, and good luck in basic. The Fuzion is a nice car. It is kinda a bigger more refined Focus I guess, quick, fun to drive, and great handling.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
yeah but I think the bigger car... weighs more... slower than the ST... correct am I????

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Don't get me wrong a GREAT CAR!!!! I was actually thinking about the V6 Fusion but the V6's only come in auto and wanted a stick this time.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i think draxas makes parts for the fusion. good luck and good choice, i like the styling of the car to bad they dont make a v-6 mtx

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The curb weight of the Fusion isn't much more. Due to the financial situation and my age, we couldn't afford to use money for things such as delivery fees; so I opted for one they had on the lot and spent extra money on a 7 year bumper-to-bumper warranty. I'm only 19, but did manage to get $20k financed, but only because my sales manager is frickin' awesome lol. And yes, probably slower than the ST, but I didn't buy the car to be fast... it's more of a show car than a go car, while the focus is more go than show...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
were you going to bct im at fort jackson pm if your going here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts