Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my plugs yesterday at 43,000 to see if my little idle problem would go away and it didnt of course, so I'm gonna wind up using that foaming motorcraft t/b cleaner stuff. I Changed my plugs from e3's to autolight 103's I did notice a difference on the butt dyno. I am running lean thought and I dont know why...any ideas as to why?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Check to make sure that none of the couplings on your intake have come loose. An air leak after the MAF is a common cause for running lean.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
How do you know you're lean?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Well, they where the wrong plugs to begin with, so ...

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Look out for our tuner loaner program, and get signed up. That will keep you from guessing at what's wrong- although it seems you were on the right target with your plug diagnosis. As Iminhell wrote, you that might also be due to hot plugs.

Something else you can try right now is to reset the A/F ratio by removing the neg battery terminal. When you start the car after that, allow it to idle for 5 mins after it drops out of cold start mode. During that time you'll notice the idle is slightly high, and fluctuating. That's normal. I look for the idle to drop to 900 or so, then start the timer. If you have an exhaust, you'll hear it when it drops down to normal- around 700.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You don't have the A/C compressor running do you? I only get those dips because i have no charge in my system and when on defrost it runs the compressor so it keeps engaging and disengaging the A/C Clutch. But a newer car shouldn't be having the problems with the compressor.

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
If everything is working properly your plugs should be white , white plugs to the normal eye are normal , people shouldnt be reading there plugs as 99.99 % of people dont know how to or have the tools to do it properly

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts