Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Someone hit me and the insurance company paid out a ridiculous amount for the claim. I decided to do an RS bumper on the 2016 SE with some new headlights and I have to say it came out looking amazing.

I did not affix any RS badge as that would be dumb. But the styling of the front end is just so much nicer and it really opens up the front vents to cool things down a lot.

The kit came with the front bumper cover, fog lamps, with bulbs, fog surround, all grills in place, lower valance and engine pan.

The kit did not come with the rubber portions behind the bumper cover that funnel the air to the radiators or any kind of brake ducts so I've ordered 77MM silicone brake ducts to affix somehow to the spot behind the fogs to turn them into active brake ducts and that leaves only the spaces besides the radiator which are wide open right now and should have some kind of black rubber so you can't see the lines and through to the engine bay. I couldn't find a part number or any part online but it must exist in a diagram somewhere (of the rs front end blown up)

I will upload a stock image that has a car with different rims and a shaved badge because the weather has been awful and I haven't had a day to get the car clean for photos but will upload here when I do.

HL-HPL-LED-FF16-BK-CL1-6.jpg

馃殬

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The middle portion is a separate piece all together. It actually needs these three little dimples filled that appear to be for a license plate bracket that I'm not putting on. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the RS or if I could find an SE and stuff it in there but it looks like I need to just fill the RS as you suggested and fix those dimples as well as some surface irregularity all at the same time. This piece honestly should be coated in bed liner. It resists chipping and makes the car never appear to take any highway pitting on this entire piece which is a large portion of the nose.

I think I'm going to do a little skim coating, sanding and spraying with bed liner when the weather is nicer. 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting compliments on the car and some questions almost every day.
Most common assumption is that it is a special addition focus of some kind.

The projector lamps made a massive difference in updating the appearance too.

These lights actually do look good in person and not cheap.

Registered
The middle portion is a separate piece all together. It actually needs these three little dimples filled that appear to be for a license plate bracket that I'm not putting on. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the RS or if I could find an SE and stuff it in there but it looks like I need to just fill the RS as you suggested and fix those dimples as well as some surface irregularity all at the same time. This piece honestly should be coated in bed liner. It resists chipping and makes the car never appear to take any highway pitting on this entire piece which is a large portion of the nose.

I think I'm going to do a little skim coating, sanding and spraying with bed liner when the weather is nicer. 馃槃
Great idea on the Rhino liner coating!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Lower valance came out awesome and is holding up to road salt and winter highway use.

You want to get the better name brand stuff and not that no name can that the parts stores sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts