Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well i have hydrolocked my engine before blah blah blah dont like cais yadda yadda...wanted a steeda SRI. heard it wont fit an 04 b/c of the headlights. i have small aftermarket lights so i might fit , but i dont want to try wasting 200 dollars. sooooooo i was a little upset and i took a saw to my maf tube. i created my own SRI. bought a new cone filter(the old one was so old and used it was like black compared to the new one). cut right above the maf(a few inches) that part is 2.5 inches...bought some intake couplers...put a coupler directly on the throttle body , and the other on the cut maf tube, new intake on the end. viola. i unplugged battery, i have driven about 2 miles in it, so far nothing wrong, no knocking, explosions, bogging or anything. can definately tell its there, feel wise and sound wise. but mostly sound wise lol its freaking loud. i can hear it over my exhaust.... can even hear it at idle. if something goes wrong...well i guess thats a reason to spend the money in my bank on a real cai. can get pictures and maybe a vid later!

·
Registered
230 Posts
sounds really cool. im wondering about the steeda SRI myself on my 04, but am told it wont fit.

maybe i'll do the same as you :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol only thing is, i need to bring it to ford tomorrow so i have to find a way to put it back together real quick :p (over heating issue.....nothing sri related...did it before i did this mod)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
nice mod but your a little behind the power curve i did this same mod over a year ago and there plenty of threads about it. good job on it though and have fun tring to put something back together that you hacked off that should be fun. let us know if u got it back together and how

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k my car is with ford...putting it back together was pretty easy, just got a coupler and secured it reaaal tight to make sure no air gets in. hopefully they dont notice :p

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
nomoreavril said:
k my car is with ford...putting it back together was pretty easy, just got a coupler and secured it reaaal tight to make sure no air gets in. hopefully they dont notice :p
You could've left it like it was. They don't care about those kinds of things. The mod you make has to directly cause an issue before they can refuse to cover it. For example, if your thermostat sticks and causes your motor to overheat, then the CAI is not to blame no matter how it's sliced.

An FF from Canada, Haunted Battleship, had his oil pump quit. He had cams, an aluminum flywheel, and a header (I think), anyway, Ford replaced his motor due to a faulty oil pump. They even allowed him to remove his parts from the old motor.

Now if you installed cams without tightening one of the cam sprockets completely, and when it loosened it smashed valves into the pistons- that would be an example of mods destroying the motor.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
^^^and HOPEFULLY the dealership you take it to KNOWS about this, and does the right thing, instead of screwing you over.....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yeah there not going to really mess with you to much. I was at work and the salesman that sold me my car came in and i told him i was planning on getting a new muffler and stuff and that i cut off the lunchbox and he said you only voided the pipe so therefor if it rust or something and gets a hole or what ever its not covers and i told him about the cold air intake and he said as long as u dont hydrolock your motor your fine he said if your mod doesent cause the problem its not a problem with the warrenty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts