Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 1995 Taurs SHO I bought an aftermarket warranty with it, I actually had to because I financed part of the purchase for a couple years and they made me have a warranty for the period of the financing. I am glad they did because EVERYTHING on that car was expensive to repair, and even though the warranty cost $1200.00, it paid off big time over the two year period. They paid for the valve cover gaskets to be replaced, and on that car, it would have cost $450.00 JUST for the gaskets! The total bill from the repair shop was $1475.00 and I only had to pay a $100.00 deductible. The next thing to happen was the AC, fixed for 100 quid when the bill was over 1200.

Anyway, When I got my 04 ZX3 I decided to get another warranty from the same company. Not only could I pay month to month, but I get the same service and such. I didn't want to be out of pocket more than 100 for an incident especially if it is something bad so bought the warranty on the 8th of June.

The car is fine but this deal is great peace of mind as well as insurance against disaster! I feel so much better driving arund with a warranty! Mine I got is a 6yera 60K miles deal that covers bumper to bumper and has a 100 quid deductible. It does have a one month, 1000 mile grace period where I am not covered for those who buy a warranty for a pre-existing problem, but I have no problems and my 1 month is up in a week and a half anyway.

I highly suggest this type warranty to anyone who can't or doesn't want to afford paying a huge bill should something expensive go wrong! It even covers a rental car, road assistance and all that!

only cost 1300 split up bucks over a 4 year payment plan too!

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
That would be perfect if I could afford an E46 M3 or the M5, or some other older high end car.

Most things on the SVT I can handle, if I keep up on the maintenance hopefully it will run fine for a few more years. But $30 a month isn't bad, especially if you can't or don't want to work on your own car.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be perfect if I could afford an E46 M3 or the M5, or some other older high end car.

Most things on the SVT I can handle, if I keep up on the maintenance hopefully it will run fine for a few more years. But $30 a month isn't bad, especially if you can't or don't want to work on your own car.
I do usually work on my own cars and have since I got my license. BUT, if the motor or trnas goes out, I would be screwed. Sure you can find a junk yard version but i neither have the time or inclination to swap out that stuff or pay even junk yard prices on it. Lets say the AC compressor goes south, I hand someone my keys and pick the car up and pay 100 clams.....easier than junkyarding a used part, insalling it, charging it and getting all dirty and sweaty in the pricess! I will install all my after market goods and stuff but that is an up grade not a repair.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
I hear you, I'm getting older and I'm getting tired of working on cars. I just like to do brakes and other general maintenance; and upgrades of course. The only thing I dread is a clutch change, but my mechanic friend that I bought my car from helps me with the big stuff. For the time being Tousley Ford and the forums helps to find parts for cheap [thumb]; but when the time comes around for my next car I do want some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can i buy an aftermarket warranty?
I got my last two from Warranty Direct. They now offer a monthly payment or pay in full so I pay by the month to make it easier in the crap economy. They also have different levels of coverage as well and lengths of contract so they have something for everyone. If you plan to use them please PM< me for my personal information so I can get them to recognition I referred you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts