Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just playing. But how sweet would that be. I know there would be a lot of cosmetic changes, like trying to make everything look good. But mechanically, what would it take? Could you just move everything over or could you flip it upside down and move it over. What would it take? Gas would be simple. Brakes, I think you could just move everthing over. But steering would be the hardest. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
You're talking about something that is not worth the money. Do some research, a lot of work would be involved, mostly custom.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of stuff isn't worth the money. It's the fact.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
I did a little research on this when i had my old civic. It was basically set up for right hand drive, all that was needed was a new dash and a new steering rack and then it was basically move everything over.

I highly doubt its the same for the focus, but they do make right hand drive foci so you may just be able to get parts from those cars and do some work and make it happen.

I don't have the time or the money for this but it would be sweet, just for the 'becuase i can factor'

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it would be a ton of work, but couldn't you just flip the rack and pinion over and custom fit it to work. Or just buy a $200 european rack and pinion and have it work that way. I don't see how, that's equal to buying a $5000 car and having it shipped for another grand. I'm just talking mechanically. Don't worry about the looks. I don't think it's illegal, because they allow some jdm's to drive over here.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, thinking about it, i couldn't just flip the other one over, unless I adapted another gear to change the direction of rotation. Because just flipping it would make it to where if I turned my wheel to the left it would go right. But I could still buy a european rack and pinion.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it could be done mechanically for under $500. With a lot of labor.

·
Registered
142 Posts
that dogs got a pimp ride

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's me dude. I'm a dog.
[duh] [duh] [duh] [duh]

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
it is possible. but its kinda not worth it. if you want to start cruising ebay uk for euro focus parts. (you can get a lhd dash and bezel and all the happy tidbits and stuffs.
but if you want fast food prepare to go in the drive thru backwards or take a passenger.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What if I just kept the same rack and pinion and just moved the sterring column over to the right. Then ran a gear train over to the original spot, just make sure the gear ration stays the same. That way I would just have to custom make a gear train.
???I'm going to be doing some more research

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
if you want a RHD car....do a civic/integra/delslow/civic hatch/CRX...any of those...front clips are cheap and the conversion has been done SO MANY times it's not bad to get pats and custom stuff.

If i EVER have a RHD car it will be a honda. Its too simple to use that brand.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So go tell SquillyB and Tom if they want a V8 to get a mustang
Go tell I <3 my zx3 if he wants a v6 to get an actual contour
Go tell The guys who want RWD to get a Camaro
I want a RHD Focus. Not a RHD Honda.
Get my point.

Here's a quick idea of what's stated up above. How hard could it really be to do this.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
hey man i totaly agree with you i want a rhd FOCUS as well. if you can find a way to do this for 1000 $ or less im gonna do it as well. good luck on the adventure. p.s- i HATE ALL HONDA's. sorry i had to add that

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Id worry about the safety of a steering adaptor like that. cool idea though

Makes me wonder why we dont see frontcuts of ST170's or RS. lack of a market or lack of donor cars?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts