Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it has not even been two weeks and I am just not settling down. [screwy]

Stir Crazy: "Stir crazy" could be classified as a more specific form of boredom, but combined with elevated and often increasing levels of anxiety, frustration, agitation, fidgeting.."

Yup. [like]

I have looked at pic of similar cars on Google. I come here and a couple of other sites about Focus dozens of times a day...

I only have ? maybe six more weeks to go. LOL (when it turns into 10 weeks [bawling])

I will be happier when i get the VIN.
Even better the day after production date.
And finally the day I pick up my new Tangerine Scream ST3 [race]
If I am not lucky, it will be SNOWING.

I am working out what to do about Winter tires. Waffling between being pure and using 18's from Ford. Or some other not so correct 17" or 18" aftermarket. (at this point I am pretty sure it will be some Ford 18's made for MK3 So I want to have them ready when i get the car.
I DO know I am buying All Season, and not 'Snow Tires'. Just not enough real snow here in the city to justify real Snow Tires when at most there is actual snow in the roads (when I am driving) only a few times all Winter. SO it would be Conti's top rated All Season Z rated tires.

My last fast car with Summer Only tires I could drive all year round. But one thing is those tires had massive tread blocks (noisy as Hell) and not the smooth nearly unbroken circumferential bands the Goodyear tires do. So they could dig through anyway. The Goodyear tread design on the ST are impossible for slippery snow or slush.(I have come to realize that)

·
Registered
727 Posts
I just got my ST a couple of weeks ago. It's a great car. I'm already over 1300 in mods. I love the acceleration. I picked mine up locally with 5800 miles, and it's a 2014. Previous owner got himself a massive speeding ticket and couldn't keep it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Consider the aftermarket wheels there are some good ones out there, for better prices than the stock ones. They most often weigh less, so even with all weather tires, they will not add much weight. Less weight equals more performance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I REALLY like the factory wheels. I was looking around at other rims and I couldn't really find any I liked better. They just 'fit' my vehicle and I've got the optional smoked ones on a black vehicle.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Called today and have my VIN. [giddy][giddy][giddy]
Date of expected delivery is Beginning of November. [thumb]
So that would make it 9 weeks from order to delivery.
It would seem plenty of 2014s are still in the process of being built.
My local area (via the Ford website) ST available, the numbers of ST shown to be 'on order'' for sale at dealers is also rising.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Did you call them back and add the extra options you wanted? Also in the meantime enjoy your last moments with your SE. [thumb]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you call them back and add the extra options you wanted? Also in the meantime enjoy your last moments with your SE. [thumb]
Yes I was able to add the Rado Grey wheel package (with red brake calipers)
Like I wanted.
Pity i cannot find the Ford part number for the ST wheel with the Rado Grey color.

I know it is similar to: M-1007-PF188MB (which is for Ford Racing 18" black painted wheel like the optional 18" TI wheel design) I do not want those at all.
Then Ford Racing M-1007-M188GB similar to ST in black painted 18" , I have been thinking about them and rather like them. I still am not ready to buy wheels for a vehicle I still do not actually own.

Plus it is another week. Ford Etis has my VIN listed, but no actual build date

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
One little bit to ease my pain. Finally decided WHAT i am going to do about Winter tires to at least the wheels. I bought a set of new Ford Racing 18" ST style wheels in black.
So now i can think over what Winter tires i want. but at least they WILL be 18" tires for certain.

With the Ford Racing wheels coming down in price from $229 to $197 each plus free shipping and an additional 5% off (as a new customer) OK I will jump.
I like the black and the ST wheel design so the new wheels should be ready for whatever tires I finally buy. I was having a hard time finding a wheel i liked a lot. But the 18 stock ST design is nice. The black painted Ford Racing are cheap for new compared to the OE ones.

The race for WHAT tire is going to be on the wheels is still between All Season Conti 235.40.18

or several Winter tires.
Dunlop Winter Sport 3D is #1 at Tire Rack (though I have little love for Dunlop)
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 Which even Michelin rates lower than the Ice X except on dry performance.
Then the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 which is the most expensive tire of the lot.

and the Michelin Ice X but only in a 215.45.18 size. Or a 245.40.18 for the moment.

There is a new Bridgestone Winter Blizzak 235.40.18 high performance with no ratings.. The previous generation was great on ice... So I may think about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I REALLY like the factory wheels. I was looking around at other rims and I couldn't really find any I liked better. They just 'fit' my vehicle and I've got the optional smoked ones on a black vehicle.
Amen to this!

FWIW, my TS ST3 w/o moonroof took 5.5 weeks. Hopefully yours shows up soon! :)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Whoo Hoo The first serial number in the EL427xxx series i could find was produced on Oct 01,2014.
Since the cars are NOT made in VIN sequence,, my own car can be anywhere nxt week, tomorrow, a month from now... But most likely it will be built next week.
So some of the ordered cars we are waiting for with VIN last six start with EL427xxx are getting to assembly.

I am hoping for a build next week. [cheers]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Nice! I will go with not larger than 17" for a set of winter tires, 16" will do the job right, but that's just me, I mean there's no reason to get a snow tire here
:)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK Wednesday has come and gone and no car built for me. So another week waiting.
I am waxing my spare set of Ford Racing ST wheels, and stuck the TPMS into the wheels. So they are all ready when I put snow tires on them

Sadly I can see having them IN my apartment WITH snow tires on them is not gonna happen. Too big.
So no tires on the rims until I can stick them on the car.
(where I am going to store the OE wheels and tires I have no idea. I have a locker which filled up pretty good. I need to THROW out some junk to make room.) [bigcry]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
OK Wednesday has come and gone and no car built for me. So another week waiting...
Remember, you can message me your order number & dealer code and I can check for updates. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember, you can message me your order number & dealer code and I can check for updates. :)

Meagan
I am going to the Ford ETIS site and checking the build date. When the car gets built it show up instead of the year being 0002.
So I am doing that a lot. Each day actually.
Though thanks for the offer to look it up for me. [woot]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I am going to the Ford ETIS site and checking the build date. When the car gets built it show up instead of the year being 0002.
So I am doing that a lot. Each day actually.
Though thanks for the offer to look it up for me. [woot]
Sometimes my resources have more accurate information, so offer still stands. :D

Meagan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used Pilot Alpin PA3 235/40R18/XL 95V last winter for my ST and I didn't have any issues. The only downside I did have was driving through high amounts of snow (8+ inches) the car sits low enough when snow gets underneath it will be less stable. However driving on snowy/icy roads it wasn't an issue. I would suggest getting a winter beater though because you spent good amount for a nice car and you probably don't want something unfortunate to happen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
or several Winter tires.
Dunlop Winter Sport 3D is #1 at Tire Rack (though I have little love for Dunlop)
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 Which even Michelin rates lower than the Ice X except on dry performance.
Then the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 which is the most expensive tire of the lot.

and the Michelin Ice X but only in a 215.45.18 size. Or a 245.40.18 for the moment.

There is a new Bridgestone Winter Blizzak 235.40.18 high performance with no ratings.. The previous generation was great on ice... So I may think about it.
Glad to hear that you're still considering winter-specific tires. Don't waste you money on all-seasons when you already have summer tires - winter tires not only provide better grip on ice and snow, but their softer compound remains pliable and grippy on cold, dry pavement where all-seasons would find themselves hardened and slippery.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I don't get my Ford Focus ST pretty soon I plan on throwing a huge tantrum wherein i scream while I pound the floor, yell, cry and generally whine like crazy that I NEED my new car. [histerical]

Afterwards I will wimper and suck my thumb for a few hours..
Then I will be ready to wait for a few more weeks.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
If I don't get my Ford Focus ST pretty soon I plan on throwing a huge tantrum wherein i scream while I pound the floor, yell, cry and generally whine like crazy that I NEED my new car. [histerical]

Afterwards I will wimper and suck my thumb for a few hours..
Then I will be ready to wait for a few more weeks.
I'm curious if http://www.cotus.ford.com/ will work for cars other than the new mustang, but I don't have anything on order to check the status of. If you have your dealer code and order number or even the vin number of a car still in production you should be able to track it yourself.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At this point the only place i can 'see' my car at all is in Ford ETIS. Where it exists, but has a date ending in 0002 which just means it is still vaporware.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts