Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my stock dogbone with energy bushings and was still gettin the "BANG" when hard shifting and some vibrations with the a/c on.I was going to proceed with the drivers side mount til I got a vf dogbone on ebay for $45 to my door.Problem solved! No more bang and not much vibration at all compared to the energy bushings. My advice spend a little more and get a real mount![loveff]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When You Shift At High Rpms From1-2, or downshifting, You Hear A "bang" Or Clunk From Bad Dogbone Mount

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
damn i suck at slangs lol.. like an impact sound?... is that from a bad dogbone?.. my car does a sound but ive heard it in other cars too... gonna check that but i think that bang im thinking of is because of my clutch stage 2

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
and how does a bad mount feel?... lately ive been feeling shifting weird and my 4th and 6th gear are not feeling the same they are harder to get in

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shifting is easier in the lower gears with the new dogbone. I didnt notice any problems with the higher gears ever. If you"ve never replaced your mount you definitely need it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Even with the replaced lower mount, my car will bang pretty loudly if I really abuse it. Not coming through the floor like with the stock mount, but the other two mounts will bottom out sometimes. Nothing wrong with them, just that they have a limit as to how far they can move before running out of travel.

But, if you aren't having any more banging, you don't need to change anything more.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Who is VF and do they have a site? Has anyone used the MAC mount?
Dan

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I dont see how the VF would make any difference than the Energy Suspension inserts. Unless you had it installed upside down. I sell ALOT of these and have never had that problem. But at least its fixed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lip side was put on facing the ground as shown in wd40's how to. The energy bushings are almost flush with the metal on the top, the vf has some good meat on both sides.

·
Registered
594 Posts
MAC Bone's suck i ripped my bushing's apart just from driving normal... IMO Massive makes the BEST!! It does vibrate but it's not coming loose & it is huge compared to all the other's.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was used but i think only 1500 miles were on it. If he didnt say used it would have passed for new.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Mine's overdue for an upgrade; just debating between the vf & cfm which are close in price and the Massive tqmount which is considerably cheaper...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts