Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really curious about this because the forced induction section covers everything regarding actual turbochargers, superchargers and the like, but it doesn't actually cover much of what else a car needs or doesnt need to have FI installed.
If i were to (hypothetically) install a turbo charger, what other upgrades might my car need/benefit from with the added power of this intallation? Transmission? Air intake? Exaust? etc...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Bigger exhaust, tuning, injectors, bov, and lots more. If you plan on going FI you should set about $5,000 aside for the build. Going FI is costly. You can't just buy a turbo and pop it in.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Decide what kind of power gains you want... Almost every decision and choice of product you choose, I think, will reflect what kind of power gains you want. Turbo and size, exhaust size, with whatever you chose, higher hp demands a better transmission to handle the power. Like thisdude05 said, set you 4000-5000 aside.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I'm really curious about this because the forced induction section covers everything regarding actual turbochargers, superchargers and the like, but it doesn't actually cover much of what else a car needs or doesnt need to have FI installed.
Big sticky at the top of the page... Titled "so you've decided to go FI"

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
^^^ Good place to look and start reading....But yes, its as simple as "throwing" on a turbo and getting the fuel and timing right...But thats a lot of work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts