Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally gave up on the idea of beefing up my 2.0 bottom end. I found a 24k Mi 2.3 motor, still runs, funny thing is as it was rear ended someone said this on my other thread about 2.0 rods. the motor is 400 bucks. I'll have it tucked away at friends house till I get back to the states then it's time for a tear down and cossie rods with some nice pistions and crank and other various boost related items. once the motor is built I have to save up some more cash and get the turbo kit, the it's install time. I'm going to try get into the 300 - 350 whp gang.

·
Registered
108 Posts
sounds like fun man, good luck with it

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Have you thought about getting it stroked/bored to something bigger, say 2.5?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I've seriously been considering buying a 2.3L lately too. They are rather cheap...

·
Registered
301 Posts
what has to be done to make a swap like that legal? paperwork? inspection?

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Keep the whole car if you can Direboi.. you never know what parts you might need that you wouldn't think of. OF course if you can't do that, then have him remove the computer for sure. If it's a PZEV motor, there's the A.I.R pump and brackets to worry about. I'm not sure if the D20 brackets will bolt up to a D23 or not- logic would dictate yes, but it's something that would have to be looked at to be sure.

I told you so I told you so I told you so [thumb]

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nothing has to be done here. Just find the engine, swap it, enjoy yourself..lol.

I think as long as it meets emissions requirements for your current year vehicle it is legal, e.g., you get a 2005-2006 2.3L (2005 is what I would recommend..just easier to install a cossie intake on). I don't really worry about emissions on my particular car....

I am looking for an 05 ST engine and then I'll swap it in along with crane stgI cams, my intake, header, and get a new flash for my xcal2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts