Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been reading the boards about the SVT Focus and other fun stuff. A lot of you guys and gals have a lot of insight on this vehicle. I would like to say I took the plunge and bought a five door SVT Sonic Blue Focus. It has all the options except the Recaro seats and special european package rims.

HID lamps
Audiophile package
Cold weather package
Sun roof

This is one special car and I love the handling. I have about 1000 miles on it and want to open it up. But, with this snowy weather I have to keep myself under control. I read this thing will do 140 mph? Is this correct?

Since they are not producing any Focus for 18 months, you will really like the new ones. It is going to be !$#@!% fast! The design of it is sweet and it will smoke the current SVT's now. Anyway, justed to say my new car rocks. If you have any question about the future car ask and I check with my SVT source buddy.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
jrice19 said:
Since they are not producing any Focus for 18 months, you will really like the new ones. It is going to be !$#@!% fast! The design of it is sweet and it will smoke the current SVT's now. Anyway, justed to say my new car rocks. If you have any question about the future car ask and I check with my SVT source buddy.
Welcome to the forums, Jeff. Can you elaborate on what I quoted? Are you talking about the 2005 ST or something that none of us have even heard of yet?

[welcome]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, not the ST. Currently SVT is working on the new Focus (2006). It will be a turbo charged, 220hp, and new engine of course.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Really, this is news to me?? I thought Ford announced that SVT was moving "upscale" and that meant no more SVT Focus, 2004 being the last year for it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congratulations on your new SVT purchase, enjoy!! And welcome to The Forum.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
All the talk that I've heard says no more SVT Focus ... "ever" But that would be sweet to see an 06 after a year off! (especially if it had that kind of power!)

Oh-yeah... Welcome![:D]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Welcome! Seems like we are getting a lot of new SVTF owners on here in the past few weeks.
And please tell us more about this 06 "turbo" Focus.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yes, please do tell about the future 06 turbo Focus. Oh, and welcome to the FF Forums.

·
Registered
110 Posts
congradulations!

i had one just like yours same color and everything

my husband totalled it on 12-04-03.

oh well, nice choice[thumb]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes. it does seem our ranks are getting larger and larger. You know the more the merr..............................

*Off Topic*
Bye the way, I really liked the looks of that ZX4 that was displayed on the home page. Of course I be driving this 03 SVT till the wheels fall off. You have no idea how much I had to whine and cry and beg and promise to get this one. lol The keeper of the $$$ was a hard sell this time. But being spoiled, I did get what I wanted
bfocused

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No the SVT focus is not going away and it is still alive for 06'. Like I said before it will be a turbo that will have 220hp but they will be using a new engine. Also I hate to say but they will using a rear solid axel instead independent suspension. Cost is the factor here.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Oh great so your saying that they will be making the car handle like a pig and have mediocre power compared to its competitors! YAY...............................................................................

I can't wait for a 220 hp turbo focus, by then the SRT-4 will probably have 270 or 280 hp stock. YAY....the hits keep coming.

Btw, how do you know all this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am sure the SVT make the car handle as well as possible.

The SRT-4 sucks and that car cannot handle like the Focus.

I have my sources.

·
Registered
990 Posts
welcome

2004 is the last year of svt foci. there will be an st w/150 hp and ford has told us that a 200hp turbo motor will be introduced as an option in 05 and 06 on the focus. but it will not be an svt product.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts