Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Yeh I don't have that problem!
No one wants the stuff from an S.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Of that list I would say the trans is the most desirable then the grille and lights.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I learned to drive a stick on a 1968 F-100. That thing had power nothing. Manual drum brakes, arm strong steering, and a 2ft long granny shifter on the floor. It would go like this, stand on clutch and wrestle it into first, stab the gas and ease off the clutch, after about 5 mins of accelerating your ready to grab second. Remember no sincros, got to rev match and double clutch for every gear! Well you get the idea, they were slow for a reason.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I learned on a '04 Ranger with a sleeper in the bed, 4 cylinders and all that weight with no Tachometer. I ground out and stalled a bunch, but the FoFo is a dream in comparison.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I learned on a 1964.5 Mustang with a 200 I-6 out of a 68 and a 3 speed trans from a 67, Manual brakes, manual clutch, manual steering, and a wheel the size of a satellite dish.

But my 08 S has the trans with the longer gearing, I think I have the 3.42 Final drive while all the others have a 3.66 or something like that.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I learned how to drive a manual transmission on a 1965 Yamaha 100cc motorcycle. then also drove a VW beetle, yeah, the rusted up 50 hp job. FUN though!
My best manual tranny vehicle was the Contour SVT. i loved that car. 12 years..
I may yet trade upside down to get an ST.... (I am not doing anything to mod my Se, just in case...)

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
learned on a 89 Accord Turbo'd.. =] I was one of those kids that just had a natural to drive a standard. My dad was shocked how i drove the first time.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Got it for 17 flat.. with only 2 miles...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I got my 08 S for 9500 in April '10 with 23K miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts