3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did I buy over the last 3 days you ask?????? Check it [8D]

This

This

This

This (black and white)

and This

Now all I need is some new 215 tires (old 205's are running low)
and perhaps some new high performance brake pads and guess what.....

I'll take any one of you (stock) SVT guys on! BRING IT[}:)]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
that is a bit of stuff you got their, and stock svt boys, wow that would be impressive eh?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
niceeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came out 65 dollars short of my 1,200 dollar budget!

I guess I could use that 65 to get the spoiler painted to match my car.

I also need to buy or borrow the spring compressors from kragen..dunno how much that will cost.

Anyways the final talley of performance junk I (will) have on my car:

FS CAI
Custom exhaust
Cossie header/flex
VF rear mount
FS front strut tower brace
SVT suspension kit
17" konigs (205 ZR45)
Steeda STS

Would you guys recommend I save up for a tune? or should I be able to take an SVT as is?

·
Registered
930 Posts
You should be down there close anyways.

Yes, I highly recommend a tune, and so will you after the engine mount..lol. It isn't unbearable, but with the A/C it will shake some.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I havent raced any SVTs but i think you'll have a good chance...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
get a tune even you can already beat an SVT. It will make the car run 100X better with the mods you have.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I am sure I have the same seat covers.
Those seat covers are (so far) the best I've put in the car. Fitment is great compared to the universal kind.

The downside is that the vinyl material only lasts about 1 year.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
focusedintentions said:
I'll be glad to race ya with my SVT....say summit point raceway?
Is that in Virginia where you live? I kinda live in Cali...

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mmmmm...pedals sound good jayson...that would make me feel like a true racer haha...

lol....focusedintentions why don't we compromise and meet somewhere in texas...

Now let me try and understand this...The tune will raise my rev limiter to 7000 RPMs right? Is that safe to push my car to on this relatively stock motor?

With the raised rev limiter will my car pull past 40 in first gear or does that require something else? It goes 37 right now

Will the tune force me to use 93 octane?

On a side note how does one make their gears longer?

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ya BTW foci-fosho I did some research and found your earlier posts raving about willy[:)][:)][:)][:)]as seat covers so thats why I bought 'em! Thanks for the inadvertant advice!

·
Registered
930 Posts
My revlimiter is set to 7200 I believe. I'm pretty sure that is about the limit on the stock valve springs...I never see that high, usually I shift aroun 6500rpm...thats about as far as it builds power in my car.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
focusedintentions said:
I'll be glad to race ya with my SVT....say summit point raceway?
I'll play. [;)] Going to Focus Challange in August? I hope to have it running by then.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Lol...summit point is in WV....oh maybe i'll play with ya Egz...been a while since i've seen ya but as it would also depend on if i get my suspension in by then....i just dropped almost 600 bucks this weekend on parts for my car :)...suspension is next on my list and i'm gonna do the eibach prosystem plus.

·
Registered
758 Posts
netdrgoon said:
My revlimiter is set to 7200 I believe. I'm pretty sure that is about the limit on the stock valve springs...I never see that high, usually I shift aroun 6500rpm...thats about as far as it builds power in my car.
Wont the oil pump shatter @ 7500? Thought I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i would love to race you! and i'm not to sure why your setting your goals on the svt! i love my svt but my no means is it fast. i think that you should be setting your goals a little higher>>>>ser spec v>>>>>gti's.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts