Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I blew out my stock audiophile 8'' subwoofer. I went to Ford to get it replaced and they told me that i would be better off finding a new subwoofer from best buy, circuit city, etc. The problem is that i cannot find a store that has an 8'' sub. They told me that it is a specialty size and i would be better off upgrading to a 10''. I was curious is i could use the same amp that the car came with. I would appreciate the help...thank you

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yeah they would say that "it's a specialty size" just so they can get you to buy their product but you can find them (8 inch) online and in most car audio shops, not best buy, circuit city ,and those kinds of stores. Go to a stereo shop near you that deals car audio and I guarantee they will have one. 2nd option is to buy it online. Go to Google and type in 8 inch subwoofer and you will be amazed at the amount of places that sell them.

To answer your question about upgrading to a 10", yes you can but you have 2 dilemmas, one being that the stock setup is for an 8" so to fit that 10" in the 8" slot, i think you're gonna be doing some cutting to make it fit, and the other being that you may not be supplying sufficient amount of power to that sub with your stock amp (depending on the wattage), not saying it wouldn't work but you may get better sound out of your 8" instead.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
hey Domg. go on ebay and get a pioneer premier shallow 8"sub. that is if you wanna stay stock. it fits with no mods to the box!. (i'm running one right now. but i will get a jl audioten inch stealth box soon. not enough oomph for me,lol. it looks almost invisible back there.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have an extra PM me if interested... Stock amp and sub enclosure with sub

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
ok it is enough for me, lol. jsut had to seal it up with plumbers putty (a clay like substace taht will never get hard and is epic at sealing holes)

i picked up my woofer for 88 bucks shipped to my door via ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts