Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just wondering if it is worth it to take a 01 4-Dr with an ATX and install a turbo kit, or should i just stay N.A and do an engine build-up...

Has anyone ever turbo-charged a Zetec with an Automtic??? Secondly, if I do install the turbo, should I just get a rebuild kit for the trans, or have someone do up a custom automatic??

"SORRY, Where I live it's just not practical to have a standard... That and I am the only one in my house that can drive a stick..."

Anywho, should I just stick to a N.A buildup and forget the turbo since it's and automatic or can this be done.. And when I say done, I mean correctly, not a HACK job....

Any help on the matter would be great..

[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
In order for it to be done right you would need to build up the trans also. This can be expensive.

Stick to N/A, here are some mods for example.

Intake
Throttle body
Adjustable cam gears
Camshafts, stage 1 ford racing are good for your application
UDP
Race header
Flexpipe
Catback exhaust

Your car will be much more enjoyable to drive. If you want to go beyond this with an engine buildup to make large power, again the trans will have to be addressed.

·
Registered
697 Posts
your on the gude website arent you?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Don't encourage him euro, he has about as much tech knowledge as.......well nevermind no more threadjacking.

Brian 01 zx3, that site will not help him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts