Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every1
i bought my 2012 ford focus se sedan 2 weeks ago and it already sounds like a 20 years old car. the car makes weird noises in stop and go traffic and the transmission is NOT smooth at allllllll... when applying breaks the engine makes a loud clicking noise **right before i come to a full stop** and the whole car shakes..

my 1998 toyota camry LE with 190k was quieter than THIS CAR :mad:.... i called the dealership and they said bring it in and i searched the forums and apparently i m NOT the only one with this problem..

hopefully its NOT something major. :( wish me some lUCK :(

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
whatever it is, it is covered under warranty so don't be afraid to use it. Too bad it's happening but they'll fix it.

Also, welcome to FF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot for the good words buddy.. this was my FIRST major purchase on my own...i just turned 21 and i would hate to make payments on a NOISE box... i spoke to the service department and they asked me to leave the car at their place and they will get me the rental.. so i said alright .. then he goes However if we dont hear any rattling or clicking you will be paying for the rental..

i m JUST hoping my service guy is NOT deaf. because proving the presence of the noise to them is half the battle (IMO)

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
If they don't catch anything (but by the sound of your description it's pretty bad) take someone from the dealer with you so you can drive it and then hopefully it will make noise. It's fair otherwise.

Good luck with your first major purchase too. I've yet to have one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
. . . they will get me the rental.. so i said alright .. then he goes However if we dont hear any rattling or clicking you will be paying for it.
That's bush league. They should cover the rental no matter what. Why would someone make up a story about a two week old car so they can drive a crappy rental for a day or two?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, any chance you can drive another Focus, with a representive of the dealership with you, so you can make a back to back comparison?
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts