Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be an off topic story, but it involves autox, so i put it here. This past weekend i turned 21 on saturday at midnight (may 7th).

On saturday night i worked from about 5 til 11:30, got home at 12:15, and went out and drank til i couldn't see, and passed out around 3. Then i woke up at 8am to my roommate knocking on my door saying... "hey git, you alive in there" and i responded, "nooo..... i wanna race" So i got my self out of bed, pulled my car around the block so i could unload it from work the night before (i'm a dj, and yes my focus can hold all my stuff) and was out the door by 8:45 to make it to north park in time to register by 9:30. It's about 20-30 minutes from where i live.

Now i had slept maybe 4 hours, because i woke up at one point to donate some of my alcohol to my toilet. And when i woke up i was definately still drunk and probably still somewhat drunk on my way to the track, but luckily i just had to follow my room mate's car the whole way. Well, I made it to the track, and my first run i went way off course.... twice, but hit no cones. But after that i got my act together and did half decent. And the event went until about 6:30 that night, because everyone in the world decided to show up that day.

But that is my story of autoX dedication, please comment.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
wow....

[drinking] + [driving] = [nono]

HOWEVER, I will say this:

Even though that is dangerous and irresponsible .....that sounds freakin fun, lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i agree that driving drunk is never a good idea, and my first run was pathetic. But i drank a whole lot of water before i left, and after my first run, i just had to deal with racing tired, which is safer.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I hear that man, and I have done the same sort of thing. I once not only raced, but setup and Co-Chaired an autox after 28 hours without sleep. (That's when I started setting up, in a big-time rainstorm. Just couldn't sleep, don't know why...)

Happy birthday, man, and I hope you had fun at the event!

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
hope u had a good b-day dude, and autoX is great fun, but someone still hungover is a no no

·
Registered
96 Posts
(Mounting Soap Box)

Ahem....You must have hid it well if you were still drunk. If I was working registration or waivers, I would have pulled you aside and given you a sobriety test if I could smell it on you. Autocross is not an environment that should be taken lightly as far as safety is concerned. Remind me when I run in your region to wear full body armor and hide behind a light pole if I work a corner.

(Dismounting Soap Box)

Happy Birthday and glad you got it out of your system. Tell your mom to give you a spankin' next time you see her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts