Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earthquake repairs all done, house is looking okay. While dealing with this, I ended up going metal on metal on my brakes, the cars seriously took a back seat to home repairs and recovery. That said, I have new stoptech rotors and hawk pads due in tomorrow. I have a question though. Can anyone tell me what header this is? I’m not trying to go turbo, just a very, very mild upgrade. I see pics of it everywhere, but can’t see in enough to see if it’s a turbo header or just an aftermarket upgrade. Maybe someone can school me on it? I love the clean look of it and since it looks close to stock, I might be able to get it past the smog nazis here in commiefornia. Thanks a bunch guys and gals!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know anything about Hillstart not working error message? I have 2016 focus. I replaced the battery but still can't get it running again...im bummed out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No... might want to start a new thread about your issue in the proper forum. You’re in the MK1 forum currently.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
There are several versions of the shorty header. They provided almost no actual improvement. Better off going with a SVT header & CAT conversion. This is not a turbo header.

Not sure on the rules in CA but you have not modified the emissions or any of its devices with this header to should be fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was reading about that, however, smog laws are constantly changing and getting worse here, leaving a lot up to the techs decision to pass or fail on visual. I figured with the shorty I could tack up some small brackets to hold a heat shield, we’ll see. On another note, these just came today! So excited!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, smog check tomorrow and then I can put my intake back on. I also need to sort out the muffler. It developed a rattle around 1800-2300 and at idle. Really, really annoying.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I’m also going to post a pic of my engines current height in the engine bay. I look at a lot of under hood pics and I’m seeing a trend, the trend is, every engine sits lower in the bay than mine. I’m using the coolant resi as a visual point. Everyone’s seems to sit about 1 1/2-2 inches below the joint on it (from molding the resi), mine is even with it, maybe a little higher. Engine mounts are new as well, clean car fax on her and zero front end damage (nothing looks bent or cracked/twisted.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oh, I’m also going to post a pic of my engines current height in the engine bay. I look at a lot of under hood pics and I’m seeing a trend, the trend is, every engine sits lower in the bay than mine. I’m using the coolant resi as a visual point. Everyone’s seems to sit about 1 1/2-2 inches below the joint on it (from molding the resi), mine is even with it, maybe a little higher. Engine mounts are new as well, clean car fax on her and zero front end damage (nothing looks bent or cracked/twisted.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Everyone's engine sags because the mounts suck LOL

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s what I figured, but to have that big of a difference is odd. Not to mention, several custom jobs on google image search, super clean bays, they are sitting extremely low.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
My guess some of it is perspective. Color of parts in the engine bay, angle of the pictures, and what mods they may have can make it look drasticaly different if you not using an actual tape measure to measure stuff.

Reactions: Gingershrek

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smog done. On to the dmv, 2 minutes till open, line is about 15 people long already. Fml.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smogged, registered and new brakes on! All after working graves and not going to bed when I got home. Here is the new brakes, well, you can see the rotors. Followed the break in procedure to a T, neighbors might not be too happy about that one. And here is the engine pic. I swear it sits higher than normal.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I will take a shot of mine tonight at that same view point. I have full poly VF Engineering mounts on my ZX3 can also take a picture of my SVT which is on OEM rubber motor mounts.

Reactions: Gingershrek

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
ZX3 on poly mounts:

SVT on OEM:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys are going to laugh at this one. I put the air intake back on (not carb compliant, been off since I bought the car) and I swear it gets up to speed quicker. I honestly had zero hope in it adding anything other than an easy to remove/clean filter (that’s my reason for installation). It’s been just chilling on the back seat literally since the day I bought it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts