Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the car audio CD player. I am sure that others will follow their lead.

In my opinion this sucks in this age of ultra compressed MP3's and newer CD's. Does nobody care about dynamics any longer?

·
Registered
125 Posts
What's funny is Hyundai is not the first manufacture to do this. Ram did it with their trucks about two years ago and some of the Chevy vehicles do not have CD players.

We are in the era where teenagers think that a good sounding system is with an iPod and a subwoofer. What people don't realize is those tine mp3 players are designed for headphones and not bigger speakers. Smaller speakers can't show all of the imperfections that mp3 players have, amplify that to a better sound system and it will sound like crap.

Freemind i'm with you on this. It's sad that new music can't be enjoyable like it use to be.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Im not an SQ guy by any means but 320KBPS is fine for me. I use a flash drive with my 80prs. The ease of an iPod or flash drive is just so much better.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If you're such an audiophile that 320kbps MP3s aren't good enough for you, then you're already dropping several grand in an aftermarket system anyway. The factory stuff isn't going to cut the mustard. So buy a decent head unit and move on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts