Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I read a very good review in Car Audio & Electronics about Hyperground Systems from Sun Automobile. They installed these grounding wires and dynod a 96 Volvo 850 R before and after the install. I couldn't believe how much gain these simple cables provided (something like +13 HP and +12 lbps torque).

After that I decided that it worth a try for 115 USD, so I bought one yesterday. I will try to install it the following weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone has it or tried it at all?

At Group5 where I bought it they also mentioned that they tested it on a stock 95 Integra and added around 7 HP. Well, soon I will see it on mine, but if you have any experience with it, let me know :))

/Tibi

http://www.group5motorsport.com/cgi-bin/GRPstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SN-HGS

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Looks interesting. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about it......btw, what color did you choose?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I bought it to replace the ground system for my stereo. The magazine report stated a HP jump. Don't know though I have not installed it yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odublar said:
Looks interesting. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about it......btw, what color did you choose?
I got the blue, to match my TB :)

I will have it installed next Tuesday, so afterwards I will definitely have some comments on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was looking into grounding my car out also. I am gonna put my car on the dyno soon. I am gonna see if I can run the dyno and then add the wires. My Friend put them on his Maxima, he said he got a smoother idle but he could not tell if he got any power from it. Also if you have not installed them yet. They do have Ground Wire kits for like $25 on ebay. Brand does not matter. Just the size of the wire.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I read the article about the Hyper ground system and the Volvo. You gotta pay attention to where it gained the power. In the very high RPM's. but they also said the idle smoothed out a lot. According to the company that makes the ground application, the trick is that their wires are 99.99% copper. I honestly thought that that all wire were pure copper but maybe I was wrong. I have 20 ft. of 2 gauge wire at home and I'm waiting till it warms up a bit and I will upgrade all my positive and my negative wires. I'm gonna try and mimic a grounding system and see if anything changes.

Also did you notice that Japanese dealerships give customers the option for this?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have seen this about the jap options. I mainly bought it for the sake of my system in the car. I bought it, an optima red top battery, and am even thinking of a 140amp alt.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I saw where it gained power, but I still thought it worth a try for that money. As jisturm, my system was an other option as they claim to reduce the noise for you audio system. Also, they mentioned better fuel economy which is always welcome considering my driving style - usually I get in town around 20-21 MPG

I think I saw a comparison on a Civic that the milage improved after installing it. Well, I will see next week for sure [:)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts