Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you cool Focus fanatics it's been a while.

I think the wife's Focus hates me. :( I just replaced the compressor (and orifice tube... and dryer...), flushed the ac but haven't fully charged it. It's winter here, so she doesn't want the AC *lol*

Well now it's doing something that even gets me.. the HVAC selection knob gets stuck... and won't move.. the air on comes from the vents on the dash. On top of that the blower slows down after about 10 minutes and dies .. (I think the blower motor is shot)... however when I turn it off .. and turn it on it runs fine for about 10 minutes.. and then the same thing repeats.

It's affecting the defrost and she needs her defrost.

Anyone got any ideas before I tear deeper into the dash?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Check out the "read first" from iminhell on vent selector sticking, and start with pulling the fan to check for trash. Then make sure it spins free & even put a drop of motor oil on the shaft B4 testing it with direct wires to the battery B4 putting it back in.

That'll give you a pretty good start on the issue. And remind the Wife that the A/C helps with defrost & you want it charged up & working to avoid wasting the $ & effort you put into it already (needs to be filled & working to keep the compressor in shape).

luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts