Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched through the forums and could not find a solution to the heater blower not working for me.

Removed blower, verified works on bench with direct power
Wire harness plug had burn marks, and slight melt of plastic, replaced
Checked fuse F1.64, working
Replaced dash fan speed selector switch
Replaced resistor pack

Fan still will not work when installed. When the fan speed is rotated to 1-4, with AC button on, the AC indicator light will come on, but the fan will not spin.

Besides a possible short in the wire somewhere, is there a secondary fuse that is assigned to the HVAC blower motor besides F1.64?

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Do you have a Haynes or Chilton service manual? those show the full electrical path. work you way from the battery to the blower and see where you no longer get voltage. There might be a relay also you will want to check. and then everything in between.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I do not have a manual... Do you know where a relay may be located for the blower motor? I am loathe to do so, but I may have to take it to a shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, under the hood, the fuse box, I am missing the fuse for slot 19 - according to the owners manual I have (2005 Ford Focus), this slot is for the Heater Blower Motor - it is a 40a fuse, but like I said, mine is not occupied. Is this the fuse slot for the heater/AC blower motor? This seems too easy, but weird that it's missing???

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Try it out. It would sound like it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So... the manual says slot 19, but slot 19 is empty and doesn’t have the mount connectors for a fuse... so, I pulled the other 40a fuses, and found that the fuse in the number 3 slot was burnt, replaced it and now all is working... the sad thing is, the manual shows slot 3as unused... what the hell?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts