Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many headlight films I have researched.

Lamin-X
Husky Headlite Guard
Xpel

I had Lamin-X film on my previous car and I liked it but it was too thick. It's 30 mils thick and was NOT pliable at all and barely fit any contours of a basically square headlight so with the new Focus headlights being so curvy this was way out of the question.

The Xpel film is 12 mils thick and would be perfect probably but the application process seemed a little more troublesome and the price was like $60.

The Husky Headlite Guard film is 8 mils thick, made in the U.S. and was only $35 with free 2-day shipping from Amazon.com so I ordered this. application looks easy, just like a Zagg screen protector for your cell phone.

If you guys want the link to the exact part, there are only 2 more left in stock at the moment until they get more. If you buy straight from Husky's website you will pay $39.99, plus pay for regular UPS ground shipping (3-5 days).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L5ITV2/ref=ox_ya_os_product

·
Registered
468 Posts

Lamin-X
Husky Headlite Guard
Xpel

I had Lamin-X film on my previous car and I liked it but it was too thick. It's 30 mils thick and was NOT pliable at all and barely fit any contours of a basically square headlight so with the new Focus headlights being so curvy this was way out of the question.

The Xpel film is 12 mils thick and would be perfect probably but the application process seemed a little more troublesome and the price was like $60.

The Husky Headlite Guard film is 8 mils thick, made in the U.S. and was only $35 with free 2-day shipping from Amazon.com so I ordered this. application looks easy, just like a Zagg screen protector for your cell phone.

If you guys want the link to the exact part, there are only 2 more left in stock at the moment until they get more. If you buy straight from Husky's website you will pay $39.99, plus pay for regular UPS ground shipping (3-5 days).

Thanks for this advice. Greatly appreciated.[thankyou]

·
Registered
468 Posts

Lamin-X
Husky Headlite Guard
Xpel

I just ordered the last set. Thanks again for the great tip and the few-$ savings.[ffrocks]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered the last set. Thanks again for the great tip and the few-$ savings.[ffrocks]
[headbang] Your welcome. I ordered it with free 2 day shipping and it actually shipped today and will arrive Monday! SWEET! I'm glad another member was able to get some.

·
Registered
468 Posts
[headbang] Your welcome. I ordered it with free 2 day shipping and it actually shipped today and will arrive Monday! SWEET! I'm glad another member was able to get some.
Mine should be here next week, maybe I can pick it up on our way up north for the holiday weekend. I'll be getting my SS door sills and Husky floor mats/trunk mat on the way up so it would be perfect if I could get everything and install it while I was up north. [thumb]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts