Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the deal,

Car is an 03 SVTF

Whenever I am driving and I let it roll back some it makes this really loud humming noise. If I just slightly push the brakes it goes away though. Also whenver I park the car and pull the e-brake up, if I rock the car or move it, it will make that humming noise. Its very strange. I thought it is either the brakes or the e-brake maybe being to tight.

I tried searching but got nothing so I thought I would ask on here and see if anyone had any ideas or has experienced this same problem.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
I dont think it is a bearing, that noise seems to be to sensitive to be a bearing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would hope its not a bearing. I mean the car only has 45k on it. But I guess its always possible.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Sounds like the rear calipers are not releasing properly.....dragging the rotors. Loosening the emerg brake adjustment might fix it. You could also have a sticking emerg cable. Jack the rear end up and see if the wheels spin freely in both directions.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey, I noticed mine doing this also. IDK what it is.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Another problem that might cause this......an internal problem in a rear caliper. The little arm that the emerg. cable attaches to, may not be releasing all the way when you release the emerg. brake. Probably not fixable without buying a new caliper. Grab the end of that lever with a pliers...see if it moves freely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts