Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just inherited a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 Manual transmission. Everything is good but there is a hummm noise which causes vibrations at shifting RPM range in each gear. The vibration will rattle some plastic around the dash and ceiling, as well as the rear view mirror. I’d like to know if anyone has run into this situation and can directly pinpoint the cause. I believe it’s the manifold or flex pipe area but I’ve never had either one go in any of my cars. Also seems like coming back down to idle when letting off the gas takes a tad longer, or could just be the extra hummm/noise.

What would be the first suspect? Flex pipe?

Everything seems pretty intact under there but did see a lone wolf ring that must have rusted off between the flex pipe and manifold, so that’s why I suspect the flex pipe.

Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Vibrations very well could be you need to swap out the psm (passenger side motor mount) w/ a ford one....I'd also undue the t/b hose & spray some carb clean/throttle body cleaner down the throat & around the edge of the t/b while holding the blade open.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
As stated the passenger motor mount a known cause for vibrating.
Needs replaced just by the year of the car unless its been sitting for yrs & has 40k or so....btw the struts/shocks need to be swapped out also......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts