Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing my IAC (Later to find out the part i got was wrong-_- but thats not the point) when i had my ratchet up there it hit something and there was a big spark that lit up the entire area.. i immediately unplugged the battery terminals(Should've done that in the first place.. Whoops.) But, I was wondering if any one knew where this could have came from?? Please, any and all information could be helpful. I just want to see if this is normal because i know water conducts electricity and i figure if whatever sparked got wet it could be bad so please let me know, thank you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

Most common item to hit (other than battery terminal) is a Starter terminal.

Fortunately that won't cause a problem as long as you get the connection apart fast, as you did this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,175 Posts
X2 if zetec motor. Wouldn't hurt to check the positive cable that runs from battery plus to starter to alt, it can rub at back of motor to short and bring you down.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top