Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night when i was driving home, i went over some rather rough train tracks and the multi function engine warning light came on. i didnt think much of it because it turned off right away.
later on my way home, i noticed my headlights dimming along with the gauges, then i felt the car surge, and the warning light came on again. if i take the car out of gear, the light turns off, then when i put the car back in gear, it will drive fine for a minute then the same thing happens. i dont know whats the matter with my car and i am extremely worried. if you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be please help.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Sound like something came loose.
Make an inspection under the hood for anything that looks out of place or loose.
Wiggle the wires if you have to to verify that they are secure.
You might also want to check wires around the dash if you've done any aftermarket wiring for stereo or speaker/amp hook ups.

·
Registered
793 Posts
make sure all your connections are good, ground wires,and all are you under warranty??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not under warranty anymore, i think i found the problem, one of the wiring harnesses came loose and the coating on one of the wires got rubbed off by my cam gear belt. thanks for the advice though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts