Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this question previously about the Drive + Play for the iPod, but a problem has arose. Not able to use it with the stock HU in my 2004 Focus (or at least I am not sure, plus it no longer plays CDs)

Anyways in the event of needing a new HU in order to play my iPod what would someone suggest? I really enjoy the look of stock and was wondering if any brands out there that sell something that suites my need.

Not to mention what I would need to finally install my iPod into my focus. I have a vast music library 5,000 songs and growing (only 10 FULL CD's)

Looking to spend around maybe $200-250, maybe $300 for the HU and the iPod hookup solution, only if the sound improves of course.

Any ideas?!? THANKS!

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if you want to connect directly the ipod to the stereo and control the ipod with the stereo...
almost all brand have adapters for their stereos...check crutchfield...
if you just want to hear the music..a cheaper way would be either buy an after market stereo with aux input and use it to connect the ipod or use a fm transmiter...

i havent use my cd player since i got an ipod...well i'm using it a little more now that my ipod's HD died a few weeks ago

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yep, pretty much what pio said.

I plan on sticking with the stock HU myself as well. Like the look of it, and no one wants to steal it. If you want to stay stock, check out the aux adapters from PIE (www.pie.net), hopefully they have one thatll work with your stocker.

This will give you a 3.5in stereo jack that you can use to plug directly into the ipod, or into drive + play (youre talkin kind of alot of cash at this point tho). Drive + play will also work with wired and wireless FM modulators that dont require any kind of adapter, but the sound quality isnt as good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alrighty I will look into the aux adapter, although I am not even sure which one I need, any ideas?

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 (6 CD Changer)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Heh, well according to PIEs fitment guide, there isnt one for the 04 HU.

At that point Id suggest a wired FM modulator, or a new HU.

Probably for you, the Drive + Play with wired FM modulator attachement would be best bet.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
the moster icarplay is a good option...little expensive...but works as a charger as well...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pio my friend has that for his Ford Ranger '94 souds good when their is not any static, but I am a perfectionist so not good for my tastes.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
does you stock radio have an aux input?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts