Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I got a Kenwood KDC-MPV6022 for cheap (actually my dad got it for free!) I installed it in my car and it was all working great, until one day I was playing a CD and I got a MECH ERROR message on the screen. The radio and AUX input both work fine, but it won't play CDs. I really want to keep this deck because of the AUX input to play my laptop off, but I listen to CDs alot. Now does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? Is it something that can easily be fixed, or will I have to take it in? It's not worth it to me to take it in to be repaired because it will probably cost as much as buying a new HU. If anyone is very familiar with Kenwood HUs and knows what could be causing this, please let me know. I am fairly familiar with electronics, but don't know a lot about HUs. Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Ben

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
.... that's prolly why your dad got it for free...

you can try using a can of compressed air, and the straw that comes with it, into the disc slot.

small chance that there could be a dog-hair or something in way of the lens...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Which Mech Error was it? There should be a number after "error".

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it just says Mech Error, there is no error number. I took off the outer casing and dusted it out. Everything except for the CD works, so I don't think it's overheating because the CD doesn't work even when I first turn it on. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts