Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (sigh) [goofydrunk] I recently purchased a Dual XDVD8181 for my 03 galant I went ahead and i bought the adapter so I didnt have to worry about cutting wires, for those who are unfamiliar with the car it comes with a small amp under the seat that powers the stock speakers that come with the car (infinity system). Well I had done the installation and everything seemed to work fine evrything turned on and sounded fine (as far as the radio) then when i went ahead to turn on my head lights it popped a fuse. My dash, right taillight and front right side marker were immediately turned off (due to the fuse) i replaced the fuse only to pop it again. Im assuming its a bad ground but everything looks good all the wires look fine. Im not sure if it has to do with the adapter i purchased or also theres a plug that to my old stock HU it was plug in right next to the antenna but now it just sits there im not exactly sure what it is for.. Im not sure what to do lol.. the local car shop in town charges an arm and a leg and i've done my installations of HU in the past never had this problem usually plug and play IDk If you guys can please help me..
[dunno]

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
did you hook up the illumination wire? if you did disconnect it and see what happens

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure what color thou is the illumination wire thou... hmm could it be that extra wire i was talking about? what was weird thou is that the extra wire looks just like the antenna wire but smaller head.. but it has its own slot in the factory h.u. maybe thats the illumination wire?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts