Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my HU and I am not too happy with the kits fit. I heard about a Sony bezel. Does anyone have a pic and/or part # for it? Thanks.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i think that the sony bezel is from an edition from the focus that had sony audio equipment in it so it's they are sort of hard to come by, which installation kit did you get? i lik ethe metra kit, it looks a lot better than american internation and sosche in my opinion.

- Scott

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install kit

I got the metra. Maybe they gave me the wrong one. It doesnt seem to fit the opening very well. Plus, the face of my HU folds down and the lip of the kit intereferes with it. I will try to get a pic.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic...

His Scosche kit looks better than this one I got. If you have a Metra that looks better, what was the part #? Maybe the guy gave me the wrong one...

I had to install it with the pocket up to get the display to be close to the rght angle too.

By the way, I know Sony usually gets a bad rap... but I really like this HU. Looks great and sounds better. 3 RCA pre-outs and on sale for cheap! Cant beat it for less than $200!

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i found your problem, it is upside down, flip it around, the pocket has to be on the bottom, which kind of sucks but that's just how it has to be since the focus has so many curves and the instllation kit is designed for those curves so it only fits one way.

- Scott

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yeah, i see a lot people with the pocket up. works better, but doesn't look as good. pocket is basically useless, esp. bc my kenwood has a flip-out face and covers it anyway.

rambling......

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts