Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the heim joint HTP uses for their adj toe arms? Mine are trashed...........[scratch]

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Screw it!!! Picked up a set of Massive's toe arms with boots.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Mandatory for a street car= boot's on street car's!

Screw it!!! Picked up a set of Massive's toe arms with boots.
Boot's on any street car really help's dirt & debris out of your heim joint's. Mandatory for a street car, I'd say. Beside's the toe-link's, I also have them on my CFM's tubular control arm's.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks hypnotic.........I decided to go with Massive's anyway. They look heavier. Now I have a set of HTP adj toe arms up for grabs(bad Heims) real cheap........lol.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boot's on any street car really help's dirt & debris out of your heim joint's. Mandatory for a street car, I'd say. Beside's the toe-link's, I also have them on my CFM's tubular control arm's.

They had boots...........just didn't last very long at all.[???:)]

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhhhh............found out the issue. It wasn't the heims at all. It was the bolts. Stock bolts don't work very well with HTP toe arms..........................fail.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
wrong size huh

Ahhhhhh............found out the issue. It wasn't the heims at all. It was the bolts. Stock bolts don't work very well with HTP toe arms..........................fail.
The inside diameter of the heim's are to big huh? Interesting.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
What size is the OE bolt? I am considering drilling out the mounting ears to the closest larger size SAE so I can use more readily available components. Sure would beat paying for metric stuff or being stuck when something happens to your adapter.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I beleive they are 12's for the toe-link. 17's on the lower shock mount & on the lower arm to trailing arm.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I beleive they are 12's for the toe-link. 17's on the lower shock mount & on the lower arm to trailing arm.
That is the wrench size, not the bolt size, right? I have never heard of an M17 bolt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts