Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The extra hose mod has been around long before mine even. I myself went with something a little more factory looking. For the size of the resonator opening in the lower airbox, I believe there is little to no difference in performance between the two mods. Opinions will differ. That's ok. More air to the air box is a winner.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I still need to find out if this mod can be done to the SVT airbox ... since I will be installing one on my ZX3 soon. Any thoughts?
Yes it can be done to a SVT air box. Rather than placing the tube into the resonator on the NON SVT box, with the SVT airbox you need to remove the resonator completely and insert the tube into the opening for the resonator. Look at my pics two posts before, that is a SVT setup.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
bumping a useful thread of mine
Do you have any idea what kinds of weird questions kids will come up with now. Do you?
Just let it die man.

BTW, I had the shop vac hose and funnel setup long ago too, pre 2004. I've moved on to a cone filter and a Folgers coffee can, no lie. Works pretty good and is always useful for a laff.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey iminhell do ya have any pics of your coffee can setup i'm interested i want to keep my sri because of the noise thanx.and by the way hotrod awsome setup

·
Registered
98 Posts
BTW, I had the shop vac hose and funnel setup long ago too, pre 2004. I've moved on to a cone filter and a Folgers coffee can, no lie. Works pretty good and is always useful for a laff.
"Would you prefer the Folgers French Roast or the Folgers Volant, sir?"

[rofl]

·
Registered
77 Posts
[ohcrap] [ohcrap] i guess i'm next to get roasted on that coffee can thing. let me guess do iwant dark roasted or light [giggle] [:eek:] [:eek:] [:eek:]

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
could you give the how to-- pmed ya

i have a set up similar KAL-El
but just wondering how you did all this--thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey guys... not long got my 1.8 zetec.

driller 4 holes inch think at the back of the box and removed the resonator compleatly. ran a cold air feed from the lower grill to the hole were my resonator was and also have a pipercross panel filter and it go's pretty well. as the"euro "grill replacment part would be a dirrect fit i will eventuly go for that , but for the time being as im a tight ass bastard im gunna give it a go with removing that wedge piece and see it from there.

kieran

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all,
Newbie here, just picked up my 2004 Euro SVT 5 door today. Cost $19,200 out the door since people seem interested. I was thinking along the lines you guys have done and was lucky to find this thread[thumb] So when I look at your pics and at my engine...I'm thinking I don't have a resonator??? Check out the picture and let me know what you guys think.
the part u have hear instead of a resonator does anyone know if its a ford part or were i can get one???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another source for the hose is the pool vacume hose they have at Home Depot, it about $3 a foot.....ran mine to behind the headlight, may run it to the cowl opening later but was lazy....lol

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I think something's missing bud.
Wasn't there an explanation or pictures at one time?

81 - 100 of 106 Posts