Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I am new to this forum,
I am on the process of get me a used SEL and I may need some advise. I been checking couple Focus and I found a beautiful 2012 but when I open the hood I hear the HPFP tapping and it sounds like a diesel motor!
I did some research and it's pretty "normal" on 12' and 13's but it bothers me.
Do anyone had the same issue? [wrenchin]That's something I need to repair right away?
Thank you in advance!
Max

w/ my magic bag
Welcome to FF, Have you checked or looked at the mkll's= '08-'11 models? Is the car your looking at a stick?

Registered
The car I'm looking at it's automatic.
Run. Run away as fast as you can.

EDIT: There have been a handful of HPFP failures on here and their symptom is usually a loud tapping noise. It's not the cheapest thing in the world to fix, but it can be fixed. The automatic transmissions problems, however, may not have a fix and I'd suggest doing what Clutch posted below.

Registered
Hello everybody! I am new to this forum,
I am on the process of get me a used SEL and I may need some advise. I been checking couple Focus and I found a beautiful 2012 but when I open the hood I hear the HPFP tapping and it sounds like a diesel motor!
I did some research and it's pretty "normal" on 12' and 13's but it bothers me.
Do anyone had the same issue? [wrenchin]That's something I need to repair right away?
Thank you in advance!
Max
You should read through all the posts in this section about the DCT transmission that your 2012 will have and form your own opinion. If the deal you are looking at seems too good to be true there is a reason.

An earlier MKII focus would serve you well.

Clutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts