Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the hp on a stock focus? and how much would the hp increase with a custom straight pipe exhaust? can anyone tell me?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey, the 2.0 have about 110 awhp if stick shift if not take bout 5 horsepoer away, straight pip adds about 5 crank horspower?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Straight pipe = no good for you or five oh!

whats the hp on a stock focus? and how much would the hp increase with a custom straight pipe exhaust? can anyone tell me?
You'd be better off w/ a header, than a staight pipe & what about five oh? As far as hp, I believe 136 for the 20 & 145-151 for the 23.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 2.0 i have already done the exhaust its side exhaust straight pipe with 2" piping i was just curious what my horses was before the exhaust and after the exhaust

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The only increase your going to get from a 2" exhaust is going to be from the eliminated muffler/cat devices. Other than that your not going to see much. A typical flex back exhaust on the Focus will usually net you around 5-8WHP depending on what other mods you have to support it. Your 2" exhaust isn't going to get you anywhere near that other than some noise.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
You have around 136 at the crank stock. This equates to roughly 116 HP at the wheels depending on you having a manual or automatic transmission. At the wheels or WHP is what it measures after the drivetrain loss.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have an automatic. so another words i have very sickening small amount of horses? considering my straight pipe. how much would an sri bump my hp up to? roughly? i mean i know catback give 5-8 in increase but ive never really found a rough estimate for intakes

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Wow.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
i have an automatic. so another words i have very sickening small amount of horses? considering my straight pipe. how much would an sri bump my hp up to? roughly? i mean i know catback give 5-8 in increase but ive never really found a rough estimate for intakes
Yeah the automatic saps a bit more power because its a fluid coupling and not a mechanical one.

An SRI will net you around 5-7 HP. (I believe thats what Steedas SRI quotes) A CAI will be a bit more.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Hey, the 2.0 have about 110 awhp if stick shift if not take bout 5 horsepoer away, straight pip adds about 5 crank horspower?
You have a 4wd conversion? im very interested in seeing that.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No I wish I have a thing of putting (awhp= at wheel horse power)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Awhp is all wheel horse power you shoud say whp
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
103 Posts
you lose about 15 percent with FWD, 20-25 percent with AWD so if you have 100hp, you would have 85 at the wheels..but remember no question is a dumb one. have good one...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts