Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on a Long tube header and a 2.25" flex pipe to my focus i already have a 2.25" borla exhaust and a cai. can expect to see a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i didnt know borla made a 2.25"? is it a trubendz?

anyways, you would def. feel a difference, not 20whp or anything but you would def. get some gains IMHO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking it was a 2.25 but I'm more then likely wrong... it's been a while since i installed it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Borla's exhaust is 2.5". I went from stock to full header back exhaust on mine and I noticed a huge difference. I think you'll notice a difference as well because of how restrictive the stock header is. You'll also notice a difference in sound

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
It will be small gains but what you will notice most is tq loss. I thought I lost power when I put the header on but when I ran against my friend I gained a fender.

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
It froze up, will someone clean up my extra posts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't know how much i would gain by spending 500+ on the header and flex. I thought of putting on a Supercharger (I know they don't put out the HP turbos do) will a automatic hold that kind of HP?

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
You can get parts for your trans to beef it up from a company called Lentech. I think i spelled that right. I think I've read that the autos will hold like 225hp or something in that range from factory.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
from factory we only hold 170 with tune 190 with lantech valve body 235

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
jrsc is the best for an auto. anything more and you run into tranny issues.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
get the valve body with it and a tub=ne the extra money is well worht it plus run royal pule tranny fluid or mobil 1 tranny fluid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts