Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 zx3 with a bomz cai, focus central udp kit,65 mm focus central tb, 4-2-1 race header and a complete bosal exhaust(no cat). What kind of hp gains do u guys think i've acheived and what should my next mods be? Also i cant void the warranty. Thnx for hte help or any input.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the cai, tb, header...could easily void the warrenty...but next mod, cam gears and maybe a dyno..

with the mods u could have now...110whp-130whp

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have talked to the dealer and the basic bolt-ons like the ones i have will NOT void ur warranty, however the cams and shit will, any other worthwile bolt-ons?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
they WILL void your warrenty if they are a cause of a problem, which they COULD do that is why i said they COULD void the warranty...

ditch the bomz, get a 70mm maf, port the manifold, chip...its up to u.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
tb...tps, stripping manifold...with these diy'rs many things go wrong...and it has happened...specially with the tps.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Dangerous-focus, your best bet would be to get a set of cam gears and dyno tune the car. That way you get the best #'s.

I agree with kickn, ditch the bomz intake.

Some other mods for you are:

Upgrade to a better intake

Pro-M 70mm MAF

Chip or ECU flash

Cams

PM me if you want more detailed info.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what brand cam gears run the best gains with tuning? i know there are a lot out there and havent seen any dyno'd or anything so i am just curious.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
How many times did you ask this? Anyway there is no one better than another, they are a tuning aid not a power making part.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry my brother gets on this to and he doesnt know everything i say. about the cam gears though, why is there such a cost differential if they do basically the same thing? brand name or what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts