Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
A few have gotten 7whp with the snorkel delete and a filter but nothing that will really make a real world difference.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Anyone know how much HP a K&N CAI ads to a 2015 focus se?
. Consider an AEM set up. You will need a weather wrap for your intake (it will be exposed) but going from the FSWERKs to the AEM and I hate to say it but it was night and day difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
I feel like i have basically everything for this car besides some body stuff and headers and upgraded throttle body. I love how the car reacts now and and pretty much satisfied for now.

To answer your one question, just rip the snorkel out. No replacement needed unless you get a direct vent or something.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the Performance section where you can find the answers.

(Duratec TiVCT Performance, in the MkIII area)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the kn intake on my 15 for a while but here in florida, my iat was constantly over 120*f after driving. Tom, who tunes for a lot of us, suggests just an aftermarket filter in the stock housing and I trust his opinion

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had the kn intake on my 15 for a while but here in florida, my iat was constantly over 120*f after driving. Tom, who tunes for a lot of us, suggests just an aftermarket filter in the stock housing and I trust his opinion
I cant argue with that. Aftermarket filter plus a snorkel delete is perfect. But from experience and trying most options (besides the RS box) I think Tom may even agree that the “New Mission” Inatke set up or the AEM is pretty hard to beat considering its literally sucking air only from outside the engine. If its 54 degrees out side (plus direct cold air pressure), thats what the engine is breathing. Same goes for when its hot of course. Preference also has to do with dricing style and the area you live. Here in So Cal, the AEM is the best option for me.

A good engine mount never hurt anyone either.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
That looks good with the red bits against the black. I've looked into the newmission mod but I also 3d printed the big mouth snorkel so I plan to try that first

1 - 20 of 29 Posts