Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I don't think it can be done and there's no need to at all.
From 200 to 1000WHp with a turbo there been single turbo.

How much WHP do you want anyway?

Delete that link you have on your pc because you won't using that setup.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Want around 300 eventually. So that type of turbo will not work for my Focus?
Any turbo will work but, you don't need an twin turbo at all.
I don't know what size you'll need but, there heaps of people on here can help ya out and tell you what you need man.

Rob

Where the bullshit stop and where the real performance beings...lol

[ffrocks] [loveff]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
This thread should be moved into the Forced Induction!!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Twin Turbos are better for your V-style engines. There is no reason to have 2 turbos when you only have one exhaust manifold. Also, twin turbos are much harder to tune than a single turbo!!! and more expensive for the setup. Pointless on a fofo

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
You could run a twin turbo. Its deffinitely do-able. Its just, do you want spend more money on a twin turbo setup or less on a single and still get the same gains? If you were to go TT you would have the first streetable focus to my knowledge.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
it is possible and has been done by f2 on a duratec i believe but can be done on a zetec

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Less spool time(lag) is the general idea. But seriously, not necessary on a Focus. Technology has improved and turbo lag is nearly non existent on a quality setup (single turbo)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
unless you wanna run crazy boost, its not needed cause w/ a TT setup, you use smaller turbos to prevent lag like said above. if you want to run a super high boost setup, then you can use twin turbos. for example, a 400 + whp beast wont start making good power till you get up top. but w/ 2 smaller turbos, you would have great power all the way through the power band!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts