Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if quality isn't perfect, but just a very short video of me taking off. You can get a decent idea of what it sounds like.

EDIT

here's a cold start/idle/stationary rev video. my phone cant really handle how loud it is, this is the best quality I could get. also when its warm it doesn't do all the popping

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sounds good what did you do to it?

off topic saw it looks like you painted the inside of your headlights? how hard was it to crack em open lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a muffler place do a custom catback. and the headlights werent the hardest thing in the world, but I ended up doing 3 heat cycles of 300 for 10 mins and one of mine has like a tiny surface crack only covering maybe 1 sq centimeter. Then mine were tough to put back on my car because I bent a plastic piece. All in all I would say it was worth it in mine case, if youre more patient and careful I'm sure theyd be perfect

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hmm thanks for the advice, I am really wanting to try this soon. Luckily I have an extra broken one I can experiment with first

And what was the shop? Probably won't happen til spring next year but I think mines gonna need retired. talked to the previous owner and he said alot of it had to be re welded up in his possession because it was leaking before. Yours sounds sweet though

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to a place called action muffler in columbia station on rt 82

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not too bad. I personally prefer a low tone. Like a grumble.
yea, its actually really low when its under 3k rpms, but in this video I think I was over that the whole time

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

here's a cold start/idle/stationary rev video. my phone cant really handle how loud it is, this is the best quality I could get. also when its warm it doesn't do all the popping

1 - 12 of 12 Posts