Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Have you had it aligned yet? Either way I would definitely get the camber bolts.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
noobie....whats a camber kit?? and what is camber?? someone enlighten me please

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Camber is a measurement used to describe the alignment of the wheels.
More specifiacaly it describes the relationsship between the verticle axis of the wheel with teh verticle axis of the car.

/----\ Negative camber

\----/ Positive camber

|----| zero, no, or neutral camber

Camber angles affect the handling of the car, by changing the grip charicteristics of the tire. Extreme camber angles have a negative effect on tire life.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i have had it aligned. I know it aint that bad but if i add the bolts i might add some positive camber to my wheels. So what do u guys think??

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Camber angles tell the story not visual appearance. For a 2007 the maximum allowable negative rear camber is -1.8 degrees. My preference would be to keep it at -1.2 to -1.5 degrees. Just as important is the rear toe setting where you want just a little toe-in. The rear toe spec range is +10 to +30 degrees (+ is toe in, - is toe out). Keep it close to +10 degrees or even less if the car is lowered. Excess camber + excess toe (even if both are within the spec range) = inside edge tire wear.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Mine look exactly like that. Recently had it aligned and they came out as -1.5 degrees on each side. No weird wear.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
so whats the best camber for a car i see a tonne of these honda guys that i guess is called a negative camber

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got my specs and my right has -2.1 camber and the left has -1.7. Time to find some bolts i guess

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The bolts are cheap and not too hard to install, they usually give you half a degree or so, just enough to make it on most cars ( except my wagon)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya cheap if your in america lol. Out here im looking at close to 80 bucks or even more. What if my experience is very limited?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would get the shims that bolt behind the hub, I just did an alignment on my car after I lowered it, the camber was -2.6L, -2.4R, I installed the bolts, got it to -2.0 and -1.9, i then put in the shims and now they are at -1.2, -1.1. You don't need alot of negative camber unless you corner really hard. it just chews up tires

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Definitely get the bolts it will help out a lot .

·
Registered
921 Posts
Toe causes premature wear. Camber will cause uneven tread depth across the contact patch. 2 degrees negative camber can be run if you have good toe specs. I have no bolts and a coilover kit with an alignment for autocross and it does not eat tires. The specs are way better than a Ford or any garage specs. They just want everything in the green. 1.9 LR 2.1 RR

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya true, i just dont want any premature tire wear, cuz then thats more money out of my pocket. And starting next month i will probley be traveling about 1000km a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts